• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

More newbe questions

polarisconvert

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2005 Yamaha RX1
Ted Jennety Clutching, jetting, air box mod.
Arctic Cat Z1 Turbo 128" Rear Suspension
128" Hacksaw 1" track.
Heated seat
So I got out with my new to me Boondocker kit this week. I was on good hard pack trail when I raced my friend on his Sidewinder with a TD 250hp tune. I am only running 30 hp. I was shocked how hard it hit and pulled for
30 hp. Yes he did pass me and he should with 70 hp on me but it was not that much faster when he went by. My sled jumped out on him and it took a while for him to drive by. I am thinking I would like to run 40 or 50 hp but I would have to change weights and add weight because it is at 11100 rpms on the button. I am guessing at 50 hp I would have to run about 10100 rpms of the button? For you guys that are running more weight is there a big change in performance if I have to run 10100 off the button? Is it worth it when I run most of the time trail riding off the button (and not have the normal performance) to have the extra power when you want it? If I did, what would you suggest I do for weights? Also I run 87 oct on 30 hp and guessing I would have to run premium with 50 hp? One last thing. How much harder is it on the motor to run 50 hp than 30 hp
Thanks

Running your sled at 10,100 is not as different as you would think.

I ran my Apex at 10,300 motor and 11,000 on the button. The sled was just as fast at 10,300 as it was at 10,700 off of the bottle.

Just watch AFR's and plug color when changing to more horsepower.

Running your sled at 10,100 is not as different as you would think.

I ran my Apex at 10,300 motor and 11,000 on the button. The sled was just as fast at 10,300 as it was at 10,700 off of the bottle.
I tried to simulate what it would feel like to run at 10100 but it seemed like I would feel a big difference in performance. Maybe that was not a good test. How much nitrous were you running? Did you run aftermarket weights? I think I could live with 10300 - 11100 RPMS

Last edited:
Yes, aftermarket weights.

I was 50 hpr shot (but was advertised 90)

Back