• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Clutching help, I think

Make sure you wear a hair net, LOL:) I'm sure you are fully shifting out.. One way you can check it is to take a black permanent marker and run a line from top of sheave to the center. After a wide open run you will see the line erase itself by the belt riding against the sheaves. Your remainder of line showing indicates how far you have shifted out.

Daranello said:
Yep one more year, I love this sled...

btw my 1.375 Top Gun II hit my heat sheild near the flex pipes on the headers

What the diff adding to the heal or Mid.....what are the pros and cons

Whats your set up???

I got no marks and Ulmer recommends 1.450 Woody's which are the same size at the 1.50 Top Guns... My Tip weight is out and have mine in the mid. But, I have not a good condition to try a good top end run and now my lakes are done.... So I will not get a chance until next year now, unless I take a ride up north...

SledFreak said:
Daranello said:

Whats your set up???

I got no marks and Ulmer recommends 1.450 Woody's which are the same size at the 1.50 Top Guns... My Tip weight is out and have mine in the mid. But, I have not a good condition to try a good top end run and now my lakes are done.... So I will not get a chance until next year now, unless I take a ride up north...

Come to Sudbury, stay with me....I live on a Ramsey lake (we still have 24" of ice)....me and my buddy who has an Apex GT and an Attak MCEXPESS are always out....lets test together and figure this baby out

Daranello said:
SledFreak said:
Daranello said:

Whats your set up???

Come to Sudbury, stay with me....I live on a Ramsey lake (we still have 24" of ice)....me and my buddy who has an Apex GT and an Attak MCEXPESS are always out....lets test together and figure this baby out

Ya my wifes shift work and my 3 year and 6 year old don't allow for that much fun...... :drink:

BADSLED said:
Make sure you wear a hair net, LOL:) I'm sure you are fully shifting out.. One way you can check it is to take a black permanent marker and run a line from top of sheave to the center. After a wide open run you will see the line erase itself by the belt riding against the sheaves. Your remainder of line showing indicates how far you have shifted out.

What he said.... You would not pull that much top end if you wern't....

SledFreak said:
Daranello said:
SledFreak said:
Daranello said:

Whats your set up???

Ya my wifes shift work and my 3 year and 6 year old don't allow for that much fun...... :drink:

1 year and a 3 year old here also...forgot the Kitty Cat may get out too...conditions are fast he's trying to to the 10mph mark

Also...I'm all stock for suspention settings...any recomadations on what to do?

You were told last year how to adjust suspension for better top end. If this site charged ya .10 for every question you asked????

Turk said:
You were told last year how to adjust suspension for better top end. If this site charged ya .10 for every question you asked????

Take Paypal?

What was interesting, my buddy got on the sled and he weights 50lbs more than I and the top end remained the same

Daranello said:
Turk said:

Take Paypal?

What was interesting, my buddy got on the sled and he weights 50lbs more than I and the top end remained the same

Then I guess all the torture and excercise you put yourself through :exc: , not eating pizza on Friday and Saturday nights with the boys and having a few cold ones :drink: , just so you could lose your belly was all for nothing :o| Maybe now that you're lighter you're getting less traction, seen that happen before. Sometimes, using the skinny lightweight dickpuppet doesn't work :rocks:

NyTrOMaNIaC said:
Daranello said:
Turk said:

Take Paypal?

Then I guess all the torture and excercise you put yourself through :exc: , not eating pizza on Friday and Saturday nights with the boys and having a few cold ones :drink: , just so you could lose your belly was all for nothing :o| Maybe now that you're lighter you're getting less traction, seen that happen before. Sometimes, using the skinny lightweight dickpuppet doesn't work :rocks:

Hey I can see my dick again without using a mirrow..lol

Daranello said:

I still tell my Ski Doo buddies they got screwed when Doo used propaganda of "Lighter, Faster and Better" in '08 as a marketing tool. The only time they are better is is you're a serious a ditch banger then the weight is noticeable. Faster - Yes, they look adorable when the skis come off the snow, how many XP's do hear running impressive top end at 150hp like the Apex? :jump:

Daranello said:
NyTrOMaNIaC said:
Daranello said:
Turk said:

Take Paypal?

Hey I can see my dick again without using a mirrow..lol

Yup, nuttin worse than the ol dickie-do ! (when your gut sticks out further than your dickie do) LOL !!! And the use of any convex exaggerated mirrors doesn't count :tg:

Daranello said:
Turk said:

Take Paypal?

Well now you are talking a different ballgame. You need to lower the front end down where there is only 2" of travel and tighten the limiter strap. Put all the springs at the softest settings where the springs are ratteling, fronts and center. Fronts turn all valving comp and rebound to full soft. Rear skid torsion springs on full soft and compression/rebound on full soft. Tighten the limiter by 2 holes.... You will spin off the line with the limiter that tight, but it will top end more... as long as you have enough room to run it... You are going to need a good 2000-3000 feet to see it...

Back