• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Clutching question

pooner

Extreme
My wife got my old 2016 Viper LTX DX. She doesn't like how hard the clutch engages. It is stock, nothing done to it. Still running 8JP belt. Has 2100 miles on it. It is too harsh for her. Anyway to smooth it out? She drove my Sidewinder and said if she can get her Viper to shift like the Sideinder, that would be great. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

I hear a lot of good things about the soft start primary spring
I have never ran one but I'm sure someone who has will chime in

Call Barn of parts for a soft primary spring.

For sure get one , I can drive in and out of my garage with studs and not spin at all , mine is from schmitt bros and is low engagement around 2500 rpm and no top end loss. BOP is cheaper I think!

For sure get one , I can drive in and out of my garage with studs and not spin at all , mine is from schmitt bros and is low engagement around 2500 rpm and no top end loss. BOP is cheaper I think!

I picked up a BOP spring. Do you need to pull the clutch to install it, or at least pull the center bolt to slide the plate off?
I removed the six bolts on the plate but could not get it off. Local dealer says the clutch needs to come off the sled to mount this spring but Ulmer youtube shows no need to pull clutch.

I picked up a BOP spring. Do you need to pull the clutch to install it, or at least pull the center bolt to slide the plate off?
I removed the six bolts on the plate but could not get it off. Local dealer says the clutch needs to come off the sled to mount this spring but Ulmer youtube shows no need to pull clutch.

don't need to remove clutch just remove cover make sure you pull cover off square and have a hand on cover there is spring pressure!!
if you removed bolts on cover and won't come off it's probably binding

My wife got my old 2016 Viper LTX DX. She doesn't like how hard the clutch engages. It is stock, nothing done to it. Still running 8JP belt. Has 2100 miles on it. It is too harsh for her. Anyway to smooth it out? She drove my Sidewinder and said if she can get her Viper to shift like the Sideinder, that would be great. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
As others have stated; Barn of Parts has a soft engagement primary spring. I put one on each of our Vipers, best, low budget, for drivability, addition there is. IMO.

Back