• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Well it happened. My worst fear about buying the viper.

Nytros rule said:
This tells me some one needs to get their hands on a service manual.

That was a slightly condescending comment. Even if I had the service manual (which is not yet currently available) it really would not have helped me unless I carried it with me. Even then, its not going to explain the "right side oil issue".

If I sounded condescending I apologise, that was not my intent.
What was trying to say is some how we need to find out why those P1338 and P1339 are showing up.
Those codes should be crankshaft position sensor related not oil pressure related. A service manual could help everyone with that.
I know two Yamaha/Cat dealers in my area maybe Cat has gotten their manuals already.

Cant be true. At least in the states all service manuals are online.YDS none are out. I check everyday.

cannondale27 said:
Not sure if it makes you feel better but I saw the same thing happen to a Nytro last weekend. It was stuck on hill and it was easier to roll it on its side a bit to get it down. Oil light was on for at least 3 engine starts and finally went out. I think they tied a rev limiter to the oil light on the Viper. Its a good thing that prevents damage.

Yes, my nytro lost oil prime from that hill climb where it was put on it's side. started it, saw the light...shut it off. kept doing this till the engine light went off and it's all good.

Back