• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Code 33

Both coils have been tested on two differen occasions, with lots of miles between tests. Going by the service manual, the harnesses are next.

Yep. New plugs the first time did not make a difference. The code only went away after the ECU swap.

I hope it is okay to resurrect an old thread because I am having a Code 34 that has been in the shop at two different dealers to correct, without success. The first dealer found a splice in a wire on the harness, and re-spliced it properly (he says) and that resulted in Code 34 disappearing for about 300 miles. I took it in to the second dealer who replaced the plugs and cleared the codes, and it ran fine for about 90-100 miles before the Code 34 showed up again. It sounds very similar to what was happening to the Phazer in this thread. Was the issue ever resolved? Was it a bad coil? Bad ECU? Bad wiring harness?

I hope it is okay to resurrect an old thread because I am having a Code 34 that has been in the shop at two different dealers to correct, without success. The first dealer found a splice in a wire on the harness, and re-spliced it properly (he says) and that resulted in Code 34 disappearing for about 300 miles. I took it in to the second dealer who replaced the plugs and cleared the codes, and it ran fine for about 90-100 miles before the Code 34 showed up again. It sounds very similar to what was happening to the Phazer in this thread. Was the issue ever resolved? Was it a bad coil? Bad ECU? Bad wiring harness?
Anyone ever figure this out? I'm going through it right now and does not sound like ecu is the fix. Same thing I've done plugs it goes away then comes back?

I am pretty sure that the dealer replaced a coil, but I ended up trading the sled with him for a new Phazer, so I don’t know whether that was the final fix. Sorry I can’t help more. Good luck, I know how frustrating it is!

Back