• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Code 81 !!!

08PhazerRTX

Extreme
I have put on fat bars and took off the handwarmers. started it up and was perfect for the first minute and then error 81 poped up. im assuming its for the handwarmers cuz there disconnected . anyone know how to fix this ? i think i read somewhere of someone wiring up resostors or something ?

Thanks Peter

Resistors

Code 81 is for the hand warmers circuit (open or shorted). You can add resistors from any electronics store into the circuit to make code go away. Make sure that you add the right sized resistors into the circuit. If you do not you run the risk of increasing/decrease your current flow throught the circuit. This will still create a fault code since it is an output device from the ECU. I have attached the resistance values of the handwarmers for you. As long as you install resistors close to the meassured values into the circuit, you will be good.

Cheers! :drink:

Attachments

• Presentation1.jpg
    Presentation1.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 82
Thanks alot !

so what size resistor would i need ? i have a RTX ?
would The Source have these ? and how do these hook up do they just plug in or do you need to do alot of wiring ?

Thanks Peter !

You can buy the resistors at the Source or you can pick them up at any hobby store. You can do at couple of things in regards to installing them. One requires a little more work and involves a semi-perminant result and the other requires little to no modification.

1. You can cut off the plug and soder the resistors in series with the wires (One wire to one side of the resitor and the other wire to the other side of the resistor). Then black tape it or even better heat shrink it.

2. You can crimp on a connecter pin to each side of the resistor and plug it right into the hand grip plug on the machine side (make sure you use the proper size pin). Then just black tape it in place.

In regards to the proper size resistor; the RTX hand grip should have the same resistance value as the FX, which is 6-7 ohms. But just to make sure the resistance is the same, take your multi-meter and measure the resistance of the grip.

Good Luck.

So option #2 you dont have to cut the wire and soder the resistor on ? you can plug it into the outlet ? i would rather not cut the plugs off in case i put the handwarmers on again .

so where could i pick up a conecter to plug in ? would the Source have these to ?

Thanks Peter !

You do not have to purchase the conectors but if you want to you can pick them up at the dealer. What you can do is just shove the resistor into the plug and just tape it in place. Just make sure that it makes a good connection.

Cheers :drink:

I have the Resistors .. so do i just put one end in the plug or do i need to put the other side in to or do i need 2 ? and is there any special way or side i should put it in ?

Thanks Peter !

easy i have no handwarmers to i just got to female connectors and put 30 amp blade fuse in on both sides and tape them up. so in the future if i decide to put hand warmers back on i just need to male end connectors.

Back