• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

cold warrior

lippy said:
can the rx-1 charging unit run the heaters in the jacket

I am going on my third year of using the Gerbing Jacket on my 04 Warrior with no problems.
The only thing I would recommend is waiting until the warm up light on the dash goes out before turning on the Jacket. That warm up light is on when the electric carb heaters are on and they draw a good amount of juice! :D

I'd go for a taller shield as well. I'm using the XL, much better than the stocker in cold weather.

107 is about right for a stock Warrior in most conditions.

ramair400 said:
107 mph doesn't seem right considering a 600 can do that. the warrior is a 1000cc.should do better than that i think.

Not in the conditions (Quebec trails) I've been trying it out. The Rev 600 SDIs were not staying in touch, although the RX1s in the pack were right there.

I've seen 118 on the clock, but that was on a lake in hard conditions with the suspension dialed in for good transfer. Mostly on the trail it maxes out around 108 with my current setup.

I ride in Quebec and the best I've seen on my 04 Warrior on a lake is 123 MPH, but it's not stock! :D

Back