• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

collection of info on exhaust trial and error

siudog

Guys, I spent hours trying to find threads on the best DIY exhaust mods and there's really no detail out there. Yea, a guys puts an R1 or CBR 600 pipe on, and there's plenty of sound bites and youtube videos, but never a discussion on how they performed or how difficult (how much fabbing was req'd) to put it on. I'm too cheap to dump $$ into aftermarket pipes on a sled that will never be fast anyway, but a little OOMPH would be nice. Please post some trial and errors with DIY slip-ons if you can. I'm going to try a 660 or 700 Raptor ATV stock exhaust as it seems pretty close in fit and engine size. I'm surprised that wasn't tried before (at least I haven't seen anything on it).

Thanks, and have a good summer!

Its all about saving weight. The pipe doesn't increse power that much, but shaving 20 lbs so high in the COG is the goal.

Don't put a raptor stock can on they are a ton. Get a after market slip on from a yfz or raptor. It is not to hard to fab something up. A local exhaust shop can bend u some tube cheep. We have 3 phazers and 2 with home made exhaust. We even cut the slip on down to fit under seat. Do a Search for prozac500 or u can PM him he has pics on here. Hope this helps

siudog - welcome to the site

Have you read thru the Phazer Mountain forum, the mountain guys are always trying to save some weight. If you want to make more power you will have to go with more than just the silencer, you need an aftermarket exhaust system.

Please fill in your location in your userprofile, it's a site requirement.

rxrider
TY Management

i put the r1 exhaust on mine it was a cut off the old one and use an adapter to clamp on the new one. it sounds great didnt slow the sled down and weighs a ton less than the stocker.

Back