• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

come on lets b honest

i have a little over 2600 miles on my belt and its the original. held it wide open crossing several lakes this past week with no problems at all. sound like your clutches are out of whack to me.

My brother blew his first belt on his 08 at 2700 miles. I have 2200 miles on my 08, original belt yet............

I am very very hard on my belts. 6-8 hours of wot testing 1000' at a time. If your clutching is in the sweet spot you should have very minor issues with belts.

thefin said:
well i am using 8dn belts lots of powder riding to the handlebar and im not seeing anywhere near that i checked the allignment and it was at 12.2mm -14mm specs are 13.5-16.5 with 1-2 mm of float i have it set at 13.5mm pushed all the way in and 16.6 pulled all the way out that has got to be good ??? i just dont know

If you are always wearing just one side of the belt it sound like an alignment or offset issue. According to your post above you have way to much float so you could start by reducing that. I would buy a good alignment bar and check that next. I have noticed that these belts do wear fairly quickly and need to have the secondary re-shimmed to keep belt height in spec. but so far I have been pretty happy with belt life on the Nytro.

What do you mean sweet spot my alignment spears to be spot on yet I'm pulling cords off on the inside of the belt at 200miles

doo_man said:
I have never "blown" or wore out a 8DN, I have them on all our sleds....

2000 Yamaha Mountain Max
2003 Yamaha RX-1 MTN
2007 Yamaha RS Vector MTN
2008 Yamaha FX Nytro MTX w/MCX

Between the 4 sleds, over 10,000 kms.....

I've been able to blow ALL Yamaha belts. They are tough but not like John Wayne

This post is just so damn weird. This is a no BS lie, but I have over 6600 miles on my 08 Nytro and haven't blown one belt. I did however swap out a belt at around 2700 miles (but using that belt for a spare) my replacement belt has the remainder of miles on it. I don't do anything special, but just ride.

90% of the sleds I see have hourglass in them from a false start. then continued to use, never goes away. figure in the weight and power we are talking about and they let go. also have an xc 800 here, handed the kid a brand new 108, put it on himself. got confused with secondary ride height adjustment, had very loose belt and melted clutch, ruined his trip. another guy sx600r here for carb clean, clutch melted off. no one knows anything about it ofcourse, later to admit to tow ice shanty. I can picture it in a foot of slush, begging for mercy. I'm not a pro by any means, but see the light. I'm sure there can be configuration factors, but once set, example the bullet proof factory set up. I guess I'm just venting, but most people I meet would rather fool them selves into thinking what they did will go away. example, get a vmax in for clutch work, emediately realize its been running blown all season. later to admid it seized temporarely last year, but thats fine now. who are we kidding?

Snowman07 said:
This post is just so damn weird. This is a no BS lie, but I have over 6600 miles on my 08 Nytro and haven't blown one belt. I did however swap out a belt at around 2700 miles (but using that belt for a spare) my replacement belt has the remainder of miles on it. I don't do anything special, but just ride.
I believe it,I have 1000 HARD miles on mine. I mean some days just racing ALL day. Looks like its brand new

Mine is still the same one that came with the sled and that was 3800 miles ago. Same goes for the bearings still have not touched them not even greased them just left them alone.

I didn't break mine in and it has 2000 miles on it so far. A guy I ride with just changed his factory belt on his apex with 4400 miles on it.

if its the inside of your belt cumn apart put a thin shim on the ouside of your secondary. and dont remove one from the in side either cuz you have to much movemant
mine "09" came one less shim than my "08" had same prob as u
shimmed it just like the 08 and havent had a belt cum apart yet
i hope this helps

sumone said check your motor mounts thats a good idea to
schmitt bros is cumn out with a tork rod.. i was talking to them last week
and i forgot how much movemant there was but it was enough for them to build us a tork rod call chris at schmitt very helpfull there in mi.
good luck

Back