• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Considering buying a 2006 Attack

Bomberfan

Hey guys, I’m looking at buying a 2006 Attack and looking for any advise or whatnot. I’ve have Yamaha 2 strokes in the past but I’m ready to try a 4stoke.
The sled has 16000 kms on it and looks to be in very good condition.
Trade is in good shape, no broken plastic, seat is in good shape. The owner says he has done some maintenance like jack shaft and chaincase bearings, donuts, idlers, etc.
What should I be looking for or should I stay away from it due to kms?
I’m not worried about the engine, cause I’ve read these are close to bullet proof, just wondering what else may be a problem soon.
Thanks for your help!

Sorry, shou
Hey guys, I’m looking at buying a 2006 Attack and looking for any advise or whatnot. I’ve have Yamaha 2 strokes in the past but I’m ready to try a 4stoke.
The sled has 16000 kms on it and looks to be in very good condition.
Trade is in good shape, no broken plastic, seat is in good shape. The owner says he has done some maintenance like jack shaft and chaincase bearings, donuts, idlers, etc.
What should I be looking for or should I stay away from it due to kms?
I’m not worried about the engine, cause I’ve read these are close to bullet proof, just wondering what else may be a problem soon.
Thanks for your help!
Sorry for the spelling, shouldn’t rely on my phone I guess lol.

I wouldn't worry about the kms. My Attak has 14k miles or 22k kms. No issues with the motor or drive train.
Normal wear and tear items are the wheels, exhaust donuts, W arm cracking, frt end bushings, sliders and so on.
The biggest issue with the '06 is the hand warmers. They suck. There is a mod to make them hotter or install '07 bars with Yamaheaters

Good machine.... steve NH here just picked one up and restored it.. they take a licking and keep ticking... lot's of parts on ebay for them and lot's of info on how to keep them going here.. Don't hesitate.. love my 07's..

Unfortunately I couldn’t get to see the sled before it sold. I’m disappointed but will keep watching. Thanks

Lot's of them out there. I saw one recently low mileage and decent price.. so many are over priced for the mileage..they don't sell for a while.

My 07 has just shy of 8500 miles on it, I'd ride it across the country if I could. Very reliable sleds.

My 07 has just shy of 8500 miles on it, I'd ride it across the country if I could. Very reliable sleds.

I’d buy an 07 Attak before buying some new “latest&greatest”....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The new sleds are WAYYYY overpriced....unless you buy a Sidewinder. I don’t need a 200hp sled to zoom thru the Northwoods. I need a sled that runs on 87 octane, at least a 10/11 gal fuel tank, no 2 stroke oil, and no $200 drive belt !!! I’ve got an ADBoivin 144 skid and a seat w/support frame from a 2010 Rush sitting in the shop just waiting to be installed on an Apex/Attack. I’ve got some 17.5 inch front shocks and a TIG welder that’ll help fab-up some custom A-arms. So for far less than a “latest&greatest”, I’d have MY ideal sled......(along with the others I already own!). To each his own, I guess....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, when did I ever say to buy the "latest, greatest"? I own an 2007 Apex. As is shown in my 1st post....

Unfortunately I couldn’t get to see the sled before it sold. I’m disappointed but will keep watching. Thanks
Where do you live? You can insert your location under your user name.
This can help us direct our replies.
Example: There could be a low mileage Apex in NY for $3ooo but if you live in BC then that could translate to a $6000 sled with exchange, taxes and shipping.

Back