• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Continuous Flashing Fuel Light

Attak-Firecat

Extreme
Finally got enough snow for a quick shakedown run around the yard after finishing extensive maintenance last month: new donuts, LED kit, oil, ski savers, oilite bushings, etc.

Sled runs great but the fuel warning light flashes continuously when running and the fuel level bars all flash together. I know for a fact the tank is full to the top.

Last related thread I could find doesn't appear to have been resolved: http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php? ... highlight=

Anybody had and fixed this problem before? I'd really hate to tear into it again. argh.

Is this the problem you are having? If so probably just missed the plug on the gas tank if you had it off.

Attachments

• Fuel level warning.jpg
    Fuel level warning.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 472
blue rider said:
Could be the fuel sender from the tank was not re-connected after changing exhaust donuts.

Just to clarify the fuel sender is the float which mounts in top left side of fuel tank. If this isn't plugged in you will get the symptom you describe.

Some confuse fuel sender with fuel pump.

maybe i'm not the first person to put a sled back together without hooking that up... haha happens to the best of us. always in a rush to get the sled out of the garage, then have to tear it down again for one connector

Back