• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Coolant leeking

My attak 07 is leeking coolant from the rear dropbracket anyone heard of it before. I have not hit anything it just started leeking from one day to another.

You may want to check the bleeding valve under the show flap and also check the clip connection from the rubber hoses to the heat exchanger.

Clip connection and hoses are checked no leak.
I cant see any damages either. It´s only glycol on the drop brackets. I will take to the dealer and let them see.

That is amazing. I just noticed the same thing on my attak. It is very little, just a drop showing on the drop bracket. 2nd one up from the back on both sides. Sounds like a common issue. Ideas?

Coolant leaking

The running boards are flexing and the exchanger is cracking due to the flex. My attak is supposed to be a x-over, and it has a riser so it is meant to be stood upon, which is causing excessive flexing. What a catch 22. I just ordered new exchangers on my dime and I am going to try to come up with a solution. I'll post some pics. This happened to me at less than 3000 mi. so we are all at risk. Granted, I stand up alot and the skis are in the air, but this is a little silly. Any ideas on tunnel reinforcement around the running boards?

The front pivot arm was broken two weeks ago. Two days after the dealer changed the pivot arm i noticed glycol on the garage floor. Took it back and the problem is now fixed. The sled has 5500 km on it

Anyone reinforced the running boards? What is the best way to remove the heat exchangers? Do I have to drain the whole cooling system? My new exchangers are in the mail, need to get it ready for this weekend. I would love some advice on the easiest way to change these things.

Its been talked about in the past...its a common problem for riders that ride STANDING and creates movement or flexing between the running board and rear suspension BRACKET and eventualy wears threw the heat exhanger and starts LEAKING, loosen the brackets and insert a thin peice of rubber or plastic between the 2 to help protect heat exchangers.

Attachments

• Bike 001.jpg
    Bike 001.jpg
    441.6 KB · Views: 67
I am installing some custom tunnel supports. After that I am going to install some used exchangers that are in decent shape and a piece of rubber between them and the bracket. PM me if anyone is intersested in a set of support brackets as I have an extra set. I'll post some pics when I'm finished.

Back