• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

cracked y pipe flange

kampkoleviper

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2006 Apex GT
Had a y pipe flange break, did research on the fix, whats the best long term fix on these pipes, the replacement flanges or the SS pipes and does yamaha still sell them for around $100? from what i seen they are running around $200 for each side.

10k plus miles on my SS pipes and still in one piece. Bought mine when they were just below 100 a piece from the dealer. Heard they are a lot more now.

Mike Knapp has some for sale.

You can get used ones off ebay .. or Barn of Parts or Spa City in Balliston NY..
I believe if you put Copper donuts on the install the OEM Ti pipes will hold up.. it was because of the donuts failing and so the pipes just banged around under the clamps,etc.
They have a kit found on ebay that does the end only but seems a hassle for the money and it's not done right...

I have a set also for sale

Flange repair kit is cheap and easy to do. You do not have to remove the whole system to do it. Used these in the past and they held up with no issues with over 5k on them. Stainless would be the option is you have the time and money and plan on keeping the sled for awhile.

Thanks for the replys i ended up getting the updated yamaha pipes. from partszilla not bad at $160 a pc. and i know they should last with copper donuts.

Back