• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

crappy day

Idaho Nytro

Expert
Went to go for a ride this morning with my wife. My Nytro wouldnt turn over, Battery was dead. Started fine 3 days ago when I loaded it on the trailer. But she did let me go for a little burn on her Phazer. So at least I got to ride 14 miles.

I know the feeling. Went out today with the wife, my sled started fine in the warm garage. Loaded both sleds up and trailered out of town. I was thinking it should be fine seeing as I just replaced the starter relay last week. Got to the site and no go, it would barely have enough jam in the battery to turn it over once. Battery was frozen solid! :o| Had to share the phazer with the wife. Dealer did hook me up with a new battery though.

Do any of you guys know how to jump start a sled from a Polaris, Ski-Doo, or Arctic cat? I carry a small set of jumper cables in my back pack and heard you could jump from a light plug or other power source from a battery-less 2 stroke but wasn't sure. It doesn't sound right to me but would be willing to try anything if I was stuck out in the middle of nowhere I guess. Thanks in advance for your help......

When sleds are not in use keep them on a good quality battery charger "OPTIMATE III or the new 4" year around even in the off season and you'll never have a problem, you can probably re-coop them but only use a proper charger, the good old type chargers/trickle will ruin your "MF" baterries...

When I brought the battery into the truck to warm it up, the battery started to leak out the top of it. Then I knew it was toast. Funny thing is I do keep it on a battery tender when it sits in the garage 90% of it's life.

Make sure you turn the key off when you park not just the kill switch. It will draw on the battery if you just use the kill switch. You can use another sled to jumper these four strokes. MPI makes a jumper cable (special cable with a rectifer I believe) that you plug into a 2-strokes headlight circuit. I pack one just in case. You could have jumped it with your pickup or phazer also (just like a car)

Back