• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Crashed my 2022 SRX

SnowRipper

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2022 SRX
Driving my 2022 SRX down the trail today and some fool on a skidoo going the opposite loses control and rolls his sled right in front of me. I tried to swerve and avoid him but it was too late and I crashed right into him. He felt bad about causing the accident and we exchanged info but I think I’ll never hear from this guy again, I highly doubt his insurance will pay for anything. I’m so pissed off, the SRX only had 1500 km on it, 40 years of riding and I’ve never had an accident or crashed and some skidoo fool who can’t drive wrecks my brand new sled.

Driving my 2022 SRX down the trail today and some fool on a skidoo going the opposite loses control and rolls his sled right in front of me. I tried to swerve and avoid him but it was too late and I crashed right into him. He felt bad about causing the accident and we exchanged info but I think I’ll never hear from this guy again, I highly doubt his insurance will pay for anything. I’m so pissed off, the SRX only had 1500 km on it, 40 years of riding and I’ve never had an accident or crashed and some skidoo fool who can’t drive wrecks my brand new sled.

So sorry to hear , I have the same sled , just came back from Deep River and had so many close calls on the corners from crazy’s on my side . I had to take the bank many times . Good luck with your repair.

First....Glad you are not injured and walked away from the accident
Two......if damage is over $1000 report it to police, then report to insurance. Documented not at fault won't affect insurance rates and you don't pay deductable. Why pay for somone else's crash.

Nothing I could have done to avoid this crash other than stay at home.

Attachments

• 393A72BA-D7E9-486F-9E0E-E3CDB2D404F2.jpeg
    393A72BA-D7E9-486F-9E0E-E3CDB2D404F2.jpeg
    57.9 KB · Views: 613
Sorry man, that really sucks.

That sucks glad to see your alive though.

You insurance will pay, then go after his insurance. The biggest issue will be finding parts.
Not saying its the case here but if he was covered only for responsibility not sure they cover even if not at fault?

Nothing I could have done to avoid this crash other than stay at home.
Ya that sucks and not getting hurt is whats important and thank God for your good fortune as sleds can be repaired and are only minor set backs…. Have a good friend that this same thing happen too and he has never walked again and is in a wheel chair. So cheer up as you been blessed in comparison…

That sucks but good to hear you're ok
I've had a few close calls this season with riders NOT on there side of the trail around corners. Definitely an #*$&@ puckering moment. The other big issue this year in northern Wisconsin has been deer. Trees on both sides so you can't see them coming. They just shoot out in front of you, sometimes falling down. It's really made it hard for me to justify going faster at times.

Not saying its the case here but if he was covered only for responsibility not sure they cover even if not at fault?

It depends on the state and/or your insurance. Some states (like Connecticut) require situations to have a "not at fault" clause, which basically forces the insurance company to take care of their customer first regardless of whose at fault THEN go after the insurance of the induvial at fault.

It's a very indirect way of doing things, but limits the back and forth between insurance groups while both parties are waiting to have their sleds, trucks, cars, or other items fixed/replaced.

Back