• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Crashed my 2022 SRX

During yesterday's ride we came upon this. The Polaris Assault assaulted the poor little tree. It didn't look too bad other than maybe the rider went through the wind screen. We couldn't figure out how this could've even happened. It was a bit after a left hand turn and they went further left and off the trail. Inexperienced maybe?

20220227_105810.jpg
20220227_105814.jpg

During yesterday's ride we came upon this. The Polaris Assault assaulted the poor little tree. It didn't look too bad other than maybe the rider went through the wind screen. We couldn't figure out how this could've even happened. It was a bit after a left hand turn and they went further left and off the trail. Inexperienced maybe?

View attachment 166640View attachment 166641
Are those the stock handlebars? Judging by the pile of dirt behind, looks like it was still throttle on.

I'm thinking the rider got thrown forward into the bars and pinned the throttle. Who knows, it's just sad to see. Be safe out there!

View attachment 166640View attachment 166641
could be that there was a yahoo stopped in the middle of the trail and that was his best escape.

glad you are ok.

I cringe reading all these stories.
One thing is for sure, there are a lot of riders on the trail these last two years with old and new equipment. I am constantly scratching my head at these guys (typically younger) that are buyer the 144"+ sleds and putting them on the trails. The rear ends on these sleds can really whip around out of control on the trails, especially with a 2"+ lug.
Was on the ice this weekend and there was a guy with a 155" with 3" paddles - Georgian bay was glare ice - rock hard........What is he thinking.... I dont get it. And there was maybe 5" of snow in the forest - dreamers.
MS

Sleds are WAY faster than in 90's and it's easier to go faster

Driving my 2022 SRX down the trail today and some fool on a skidoo going the opposite loses control and rolls his sled right in front of me. I tried to swerve and avoid him but it was too late and I crashed right into him. He felt bad about causing the accident and we exchanged info but I think I’ll never hear from this guy again, I highly doubt his insurance will pay for anything. I’m so pissed off, the SRX only had 1500 km on it, 40 years of riding and I’ve never had an accident or crashed and some skidoo fool who can’t drive wrecks my brand new sled.
So sorry to hear that! I had a similar event this last weekend. Coming off of a lake in northern Wisconsin and sitting on a boat ramp which was the trail. A guy hauling #*$&@ in a pickup truck whips around the corner to go on the lake almost hit me head on. He swerved, I tried to move over. The truck then went sideways as he locked up the brakes. The sled and I bounced of the side of the truck. Got a fat lip and a swollen hand but was okay. He apologized but when I told him I was calling the cops to report the damage to my sled he took off. Got pictures, but snow covered the license plate. I hobbled the sled back and made a police report. Their confident they will find him, we will see! In all my years of riding I never thought I would be hit by a pickup truck on a trail! LOL

Here is an accident that happened in Tug hill yesterday. I only ride during the week on popular trail systems like Tug hill and Old Forge. Early AM to mid afternoon. All the crazies are out on weekends and half are drunk in the night.

Back