• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Curve XS ski Review in SnowGoer Magazine!

Mighty said:
For those of us that don't get snow goer what did they have to say about the ski's?

Here is a scan of the article provided by a customer. I contacted Andy and requested a PDF.

- Sean

www.CurveXS.com

Attachments

• SnowGoer-Curve-XS-2008.jpg
    SnowGoer-Curve-XS-2008.jpg
    298.8 KB · Views: 228
Curve Industries said:
Mighty said:
For those of us that don't get snow goer what did they have to say about the ski's?

Here is a scan of the article provided by a customer. I contacted Andy and requested a PDF.

- Sean

www.CurveXS.com

Careful - Reproduction and posting here will get you and Tom in trouble (With out permission from publisher)

Regarding mileage Sean,

It's pretty easy to pile on miles up here.

I don't know where this snowfall forecast is coming from, but folks up here are talking about getting 30% more snow than last year. Yahoo...

Fort Kent received a total of 235" last year.

If this forecast came true we are talking 317" of snow... 26 feet.

Sounds like more riding opportunities to me!

I would like to see at least 40,000 miles on the 2005 RS Venture.

That would give me over 5,000 miles on Curves with RS Venture.

The new GT will be awesome with Curves. I can't wait!!!

My brother is also planning on posting some big numbers with Curves on his ATTAK.

Bottom line: We'll be riding every mile on a set of Curves. ;)! ;)! ;)!

Vector1 said:
Will the Curves stop the darting on my Nytro?

As we've said before, darting is a function of many variables from suspension setup to the reaction of your skis in different conditions. All these variables must be controlled to eliminate darting and tracking.
Having said that, what you'll get with Curve XS skis is the highest level of performance, control and adaptability to varying snow conditions. We can't say your darting will disappear but the use of our product coupled with proper suspension setup is the best it will get.

On the Nytro's we've ridden, and tested with, the improvement is dramatic and darting becomes some problem you hear of but can't relate to.

- Sean

www.CurveXS.com

Vector1 said:
Will the Curves stop the darting on my Nytro?

The ski virtually ignors other ski tracks, to include the dreaded double keel skis, thus providing and extremely accuarate and predictable ride.

Increased stability is something we are all looking for.

IMO this is one of the best aftermaket investments one could make in the sport of snowmobiling. ;)!

For a summary of Curve XS floatation characteristics, please review the thread below.

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=58617&start=0

The XS is a phenomenal off trail and powder performer. They do have a sidehilling disadvantage over mountain specific skis however, the XS was designed for the trail. We'll take good care of our mountain customers with a future release ;)!

- Sean

www.CurveXS.com

Curve Industries said:
For a summary of Curve XS floatation characteristics, please review the thread below.

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=58617&start=0

The XS is a phenomenal off trail and powder performer. They do have a sidehilling disadvantage over mountain specific skis however, the XS was designed for the trail. We'll take good care of our mountain customers with a future release ;)!

- Sean

www.CurveXS.com

no not looking for a mountain ski but something a tab better than stock...going on a Nytro XTX

Also, since the ski "works" and compresses the snow what kind of top speed should one expect to lose???

SnowGoer did the entire XS ski test on their project Nytro. I suspect you will be as delighted as they were.

There should not be any loss of top speed but then again, we never have pulled out a Stalker radar gun for affirmative results. I will say this, if there was a noticeable amount of drag with loss of top speed, we would have done something different with the design.

Keep in mind, the work is being done by the continuously variable geometry of the ski which consists of an intake and ejection profile. Since we give the snow a channel of escape and the friction coefficient is so low, energy loss in the form of drag is minimal. It is also important to note that although pressure and density (work) varies across the ski bottom, equilibrium is obtained just after the spindle where the compacted snow becomes a subsequent guide for the back half of the keel.

- Sean

www.CurveXS.com

Sure we ship to Canada! In fact, Canadians are some of our best customers.

$485 gets you skis and loops in your choice of colors, sled specific hardware and carbides, plus a $15 credit towards shipping. I'd say you'll be around $40 or $50 to get them across the boarder and in your hands.

You can call Nick directly to place your order @ 315.292.0594

We look forward to hearing from you!

- Sean

www.CurveXS.com

Back