• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

custom exaust

phazerkid

Extreme
i was thinking about making my own custom exaust for my 07 fx but i wasnt shur how the FI works with that. Will it run like crap and ill need to get a computer or chip for it or can i just make an exaust and not worry about it running to rich or to lean?

I was thinking about putting a electronic flap in my stock exaust so the exaust will just go out the side as a strait pipe, then i can close it off with a flick of a switch and make the exaust go through the stock silencer.

I destroyed my aftermarket exhaust last year and had to ride with no exhaust a good 50mi home.It was unbelievably loud and sounded terrible to boot.Ears were ringing for whole night after.

oh...i thought that it would sound pretty cool. i guess ill just go with an after market silencer.Any ideas on a good one buy? i dont have much money to spend so i would like to keep it farly cheap

phazerkid said:
oh...i thought that it would sound pretty cool. i guess ill just go with an after market silencer.Any ideas on a good one buy? i dont have much money to spend so i would like to keep it farly cheap

Get a stock silencer from an R1 or similar. Lots of people are quick to put on Yosh on their new bike and these silencers can be had for a song.

i am running a 20 dollar glasspack 2" by the way. love the sound made my own hangers and did the whole job in about 1.5 hours. sounds great and have never heard another piped phazer anywhere but online yet so i dont have any comparison yet. just one thing though cheap glasspacks are cheap for one reason they dont last. The reason an excell exhaust or mbrp are so expensive is that they are built to take the heat. all the heat this high comp. sob puts out will eat a cheap muffler in one riding season gauranteed, if you want pics or help pm me and i can point you in the right direction. sled runs great and i have over 1400 miles on in it to prove that you dont pay for performance, you pay for longevity with after. slip ons

Phazerkid my buddy here in Winnipeg has a muffler here off of an R1 thats new for 100 bucks if your interested.

Phazerkid my buddy here in Winnipeg has a muffler here off of an R1 thats new for 100 bucks if your interested.

Weapon X said:

ok that sounds pretty good, but ive got a couple mufflers laying around here that i might try, but if they dont work out ill let you know ;)!

I just recieved some and by the end of next week I'll let you know how it sounds. They are not Carbon Fiber. You can buy race baffles for them though.

Back