• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Cutting down a track

I cut mine down to 14-3/8" or just a tad under that . 14-1/2" is to wide. Look in the front of the tunnel and you can see what I'm talking about. :-o :Rockon: :-o

Cut mine to 14 1/4. I set a step ladder on both sides of the table saw with the steps facing the sides of the blade. Then put an 8 inch piece of sewer pipe through the steps. On top of that, I run a piece of cardboard sono tube (concrete form). This acts like bearing and when the track is hung on that, I can do it myself. Both sides, 10 minutes including clean up. I've cut 5 so far and have found it way easier to have the track between the rip fence and the blade, with the piece to be cut off running loose beside the blade. I tried one with the piece being cut off between the rip fence and blade and it wanted to bind and moked like hell. Some guys turn them inside out but I've found it unnecesary, even with a 2 1/4" track. Good luck, just take your time!

Out of curiosity do you then seal the sides with propane torch or does the saw generate heat, or maybe you don't need to at all.

Yamadoo

yamadoo said:
Out of curiosity do you then seal the sides with propane torch or does the saw generate heat, or maybe you don't need to at all.

Yamadoo
It sealed up pretty good, see for youself.

Attachments

• Sled long track swap 012.JPG
    Sled long track swap 012.JPG
    91.8 KB · Views: 94
  • Sled long track swap 012.JPG
    Sled long track swap 012.JPG
    91.8 KB · Views: 104
The WD40/Razor idea might work for cutting lug tips off but it won't make a dent in narrowing the track. The table saw method seems to be the way to do it, would love to see a video. Exactly what type of blade did you use and how high above the track did you set the blade height? I tried it once and made a bunch of smoke...

If anyone wants to see what I think is the fastest way to cut down the lugs on a track I have a youtube video of our last one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPa3cblkaTU Traction is terrible though so we made a nipper to make notches in the new blunt lug for more grip, worked great, did 4 machines.

that last video is me got any question just pm me i tryed putting a turbo on and ended up with a junk motor holes threw the block not sure what happen if any one knows were i can get a motor or needs a parts sled let me know i live in iowa and will bring it to hay days if some one wants it

Back