• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Day O' Sled Shred #1 - Colorado Trip Report

just didn't like the windsheild and i like getting pow in my face all day!! :) in that 3rd pic on my site it doesn't show a large amount of snow at all. you have to know that this was like 4 hours or so into the trip riding pow. also the sled was parked in that spot for 30 mins or so while it was snowing pretty hard.

osceo: what site? there is always a hater on the internet.. haha

hey summitking - your little bro is gonna be stoked out!!!!!!!!

80 ponies: more pics @ http://weknowsnow.com/blog/

posted this on snowest:

thanks all regarding the sites

plenty of power. and pow! and we were at 10-12k or above all day
after the very first 20 or so miles, the power band changed and so did the exhaust sound. it got louder and a lot deeper
plus i noticed a large increase in response and power all through the band. didn't really have a chance to gun it all the
way and i didn't need too. the thing handles like a dream. very easy to control and ride in powder.. it just floats
the hole in the tunnel wasn't a problem at all... i didn't even think about it until i read a question on ty4stroke asking
if it was a problem or not. not in any way shape or form plus it looks bad #*$&@

the only thing i had to do all day was clear some snow out from were the boot hooks are, we were riding in some deep
snow/deep snow drifts and it pilled up in there. had to do this twice in like 7-8 hours. no ice on the running boards or large snow build up. pretty normal. again, zero problem with snow or wet spray coming up through the tunnel.....

like i said on a different post, yamaha wouldnt have done it if it was gonna be a problem...but what do i know

great pics! i especailly like some of those sunsets. were those edited to make the colors more vibrant? or is that natural? also, you should take some video of the phazer and try to get some good sound in there.

100% natural sunrise. shot by iskibc with an olympus digital SLR
10-14-06 - castle peak 14,265ft - aspen colorado area

sunriseA-2.jpg

What about engine vibrations ???

Thanks for the report!

Great pics!

Errol

MtnLitePhzr said:
Damn you!! My phazer is still sitting here in AK with no snow... its 43 and raining and I'm doing the snow dance.

Got any close up pics of the gauge relocation?

also of note: once the mtn lite was broken in (rings set or whatever) -- after about 10-20 miles.. the long starts (which i didn't really have) are completely gone. it fired up like in a second or two, i must have stopped and started the thing at least 10 times on wednesday. perfect and i think it was like 10F with wind chill

Attachments

• P9230011.JPG
    P9230011.JPG
    360.5 KB · Views: 78
Nice pics..
How did it seem on fuel?
Did you get to open it up what kinda topend did you get?
How does that big lug feel on hard pack much vibration?

Sweet sled indeed

swamps said:
Nice pics..
How did it seem on fuel?
Did you get to open it up what kinda topend did you get?
How does that big lug feel on hard pack much vibration?

Sweet sled indeed

i did about 35 miles starting with a fuel tank... put 1.8 gals back in at the end of the day. we weren't boondocking or anything but riding pow and drifts off trail..up and down, up and down, drift after drift... we called it drift hunting. haha

didn't really get to open it up at all...didn't need too

not sure what you mean by big lug, but no real vibrations that i noticed. or anything that caused me any problems..

19mpg on a motor that is not even broken in and loose yet...sweet....good to hear...i might hafta buck up and get me one this yr instead of next..will pay for itself in fuel costs!

dude JP thats way cool that you got rip your sled allready sounds like you had a blast. i think it will be another month before we get our snow here in ak...... but you say it was the way to go with that sled?......then im freakin stoked

Back