• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

DC plug adapter for elec. shield

Rove44

Extreme
I found one of these on ebay a friend is looking for one also. I can't seem to find one anywhere. Anybody know where to find one?

be prepared to blow fuses ! ideally not an outlet for riding but more of a stationary outlet...best to wire to battery...do a search on this topic

you are the exception...all the hard trail riders either blow fuses or comes loose under way...I do know on old dude that putts along and doesnt tho... :Rockon:

I had a hand held gps and the faceshield connected to plug outlet and blew the fuse. I put in a 5 amp like some guys here did and it held up. stock fuse is 3amp I think. This year I ran a wire from the battery to a fuse block i installed so it' s on all the time unless I unplug it. Eliminating the freeze up while stopping,etc. and it's own fuse.

My buddy blew fuses in his all the time. I think it was from snow getting in there when he was constantly unplugging it at stops etc.

700 miles with no fuse problem. I got mine from the dealer. Part number ATV-12VPG-00-PL

Rove44 said:
Should i upgrade the fuse for this? where are my fuses and how do i know which one to change?

The stocker is a 3 amp, if you’re only going to run one item, (GPS, Heated shield, phone charger) you should be ok. Using a 5 or 10 amp would be fine as the wiring is sized to except. The fuse box is located on the side of the sled near the brake rotor; it's a little black box. There are five or so in there, on the underside of the lid it tells you which is which. There is one termed "SIG" that's NOT the one, that's the signal for reverse. Should be labeled "DC TERM". It uses the automotive style micro fuses, should be three spares on the side of the box, a 3amp, 10 amp, and a 20 amp.

I really would like to keep using this plug it is very handy i guess i'll just try it and cross my fingers that i don't blow a fuse.

do yourself a favor...
wire it to the batt...
save the dc outlet for intermittant use

I installed two of the skidoo heated sheild plugs, wired right to the battery with an inline fuse, great set up, little pricey, but no wire hanging and i can use the plug for my gps.... (which i think i am going to hardwire this year....)

I ordered my wiring from denniskirk.com $20 or so. I believe it was made for an HJC helmet, but they're pretty universal if you use an RCA jack. No fuse with that setup, but if you really want one, get it from the local hardware store for cheap. I wired directly to the battery terminals and they are the exact same size as the battery terminal bolts, so I just put them on top of the battery terminals and then screwed down the bolts. Snaked the wiring up under the headlight console and put it right in the factory plastic wiring loom. I have the wiring hanging out right next to the handlebar pad. No drilling necessary.

Back