• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Dear Mr. Wade West and market management team.

fogilization

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Sidewinder
Good afternoon,

Don't worry this is not going to be a bashing email and I get the reasons for moving to the SR chasis so let me start by saying kudos. I would want to know them better before jumping in as well!

I would however like to make a humble request on behalf of all Yamaha trail riders. Many of us that buy new machines every year or two have sat through the very nice incremental improvements to our trail sleds. Outside of the 2009 nytro I would say for the most part they deliver as promised. One VOC data point you obviously heard load and clear was Nytro trail riders especially in Michigan, Ontario and Quebec wanting SC's for our long flat trails and deep powder off trail environments as you offered the SC as a catalogue item.

As a Nytro xtx/sc owner I can tell you I have never been happier with the sled and the MPI quality is awesome. I have 2k miles on this season and zero issues. I actually left Yamaha for two years after the 2009 Nytro and rode an XRS...Came back after riding the xtx and getting the option to SC.

So here is my ask on be half of all of us: Please make sure you offer an MPI/SC option for the 2014 viper power surge and give us the option you gave the mountain guys a couple of years ago. I can gaurantee it will seal the deal for many of us that are on the fence! Esepcially if Cat is going to offer it. I hope you did not sign that option over as part of your supply agreement and/or just going to make it the Apex next season. If so I am afraid several loyalists will be on a different color.

Thank you very much,
Fogilization:)

fogilization said:
Good afternoon,

Don't worry this is not going to be a bashing email and I get the reasons for moving to the SR chasis so let me start by saying kudos. I would want to know them better before jumping in as well!

I would however like to make a humble request on behalf of all Yamaha trail riders. Many of us that buy new machines every year or two have sat through the very nice incremental improvements to our trail sleds. Outside of the 2009 nytro I would say for the most part they deliver as promised. One VOC data point you obviously heard load and clear was Nytro trail riders especially in Michigan, Ontario and Quebec wanting SC's for our long flat trails and deep powder off trail environments as you offered the SC as a catalogue item.

As a Nytro xtx/sc owner I can tell you I have never been happier with the sled and the MPI quality is awesome. I have 2k miles on this season and zero issues. I actually left Yamaha for two years after the 2009 Nytro and rode an XRS...Came back after riding the xtx and getting the option to SC.

So here is my ask on be half of all of us: Please make sure you offer an MPI/SC option for the 2014 viper power surge and give us the option you gave the mountain guys a couple of years ago. I can gaurantee it will seal the deal for many of us that are on the fence! Esepcially if Cat is going to offer it. I hope you did not sign that option over as part of your supply agreement and/or just going to make it the Apex next season. If so I am afraid several loyalists will be on a different color.

Thank you very much,

x2
I added the Yamaha/MPI S/C to my '09 Nytro this year and it finally has the pull I've wanted. Finally, a fun sled again with zero issues after 2,000 miles of hard riding. I have no interest in going back to a 135hp Nytro or Viper, but would give the Viper a chance if it had the option to add a MPI supercharger - preferably as a factory added option.

x3 If there was a supercharger option I would be writing a check as soon as they became available. Current sled is a 09 XTX with all the bugs fixed and 7600 miles. Yamaha please help me make my decision easy and give me a SC option, Oh and a 4 year warranty too! :)

A S/C or turbo would be awesome. Many of us have been waiting for years to have it come from the factory on the Nytro. Will probably never see it now with the A/C merger.

I too would likely be on board. Currently running a Yamcharged Apex but was considering a boosted Nytro. It seems that Yamaha continues to miss the true high performance mark time and time again, leaving the rest to us. I personally have yet too experience the same excitement generated by the purchase of my old '06 Apex some long 9 seasons ago. As many Yamaha faithful have, I continue to mod my '08 in an attempt to keep it interesting.

I remain confident that the Yamaha administration team has a plan and is passionate about it's implementation, I truly wish the same passion was shared and made evident in their snowmobile line up. The Viper is a 2 year old Arctic Cat chassis modified to accommodate an 8 year old Yamaha engine, ingenuity? If this is best they can do, fine just leave it so we can cost effectively finish what they've started.

I really, truthfully don't understand the Nytro's relevance anymore as Yamaha has now presented the Viper as it's premium ditch bang/rough trail option.

Fog well said !!!!

I love the respect and information, not ranting hear say- true TY style.

Wow a SC would tempt me to lost sleep then CASH.

Yamadoo

Do I get why one isn't offered as an accessory no, but it makes total sense to not offer one on the sled at this point. One: they might just want to get their feet wet with this deal both of them with a product they know well and can give the best overall product with. Two: because unboosted I bet it would make one hell of a stock class sno-x and cross country machine. And now with cat involved u will get alot of tuners to hop onto products for it, and I'm thinking there's a chance to see hibbert piloting one

fogilization said:
Good afternoon,

Thank you very much,

Sorry dude, but you don't speak for all of us. If I wanted boost I would have it already. I ride in Ont and have no need for 180 hp that requires me to run premium fuel...which is sometimes not available. My Nytro makes 150+ hp now with my mods...and I can run on 87 octane. It has more than enough jamb for me and where I ride. So really, you don't speak for ALL yamaha trail riders.

Back