• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Decal Glue removal, what is best to use?

MtN_Rx1er

Extreme
have a few decals on the machine i want to get off to put some other ones on and i know ahead im going to have to use something to get the glue off. just wondering if any1 has had any decal removal time in and what they used to remove the glue or recommend? i was going to try goo gone but didnt know if it would eat the finish!thnx

I heated up the decal with hair dryer and used wd40 and some elbow grease spray it on and let it sit for about 5 mins then wipe off it does take some work but it comes off without hurtng the finish.

I have used Goo Gone and it worked great without harming the finish.

We wrap some of our show trucks , when we decom a tour we strip the graphics if there is any glue left over we use this , hands down the best.

Attachments

• citrol_Schaeffer.jpg
    citrol_Schaeffer.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 190
I bought a jobmate heat gun from crappy tire (15$). I took every sticker off the tunnel and other warning sticker in about 5 minutes. If any glue is left over spray wd40 on it and wipe off. Dont heat up the stickers too much and you will have very little glue left and stickers will come off in one piece.

Fourcam281 said:
I also use wd40 and it works good. Best part is most people already have his in their garage.

thanx for all the replies and for sure most everyone has 1-3 bottles of the stuff, i like the new flip ones so u dont gotta play around with the little straws.
just didnt know if wd40 was cowel friendly ;)!

On my wife's 2007 Vector I had a hell of a time removing the decal glue, I used heat guns, goo gone, wd-40. what ended up working the best was gasoline on a rag. When I was done a couple of coats of wax and she shines like new.

i tend to use zippo lighet fluid on a rag. works really well.

I use the wife's nail polish remover. Something with acetone like paint thinner will work. Just don't get it on any plastic, like your windshield or headlight, etc. It works fine on the hood.

Back