• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Did you see a performance increase with MBRP Trail Can?

Crazy pics. I have a buddy with a 7000 Cat with about 3500km's and it did almost the same thing. In Cochrane this December the bottom of the exhaust rotted out and melted the side cowl, the heat also slowly melted the oil line causing oil to spray everywhere. The day it happened was -30 so he said it was tough to notice excess heat along that side of the sled. They just made it back to the trailer, Could have been way worse if it bled out all the oil.
Question - did it give you much warning before it failed completely?
MS
no it didn't, just all the sudden fell right out

Crazy pics. I have a buddy with a 7000 Cat with about 3500km's and it did almost the same thing. In Cochrane this December the bottom of the exhaust rotted out and melted the side cowl, the heat also slowly melted the oil line causing oil to spray everywhere. The day it happened was -30 so he said it was tough to notice excess heat along that side of the sled. They just made it back to the trailer, Could have been way worse if it bled out all the oil.
Question - did it give you much warning before it failed completely?
MS

Like Sevey said my exhaust completely let go but it was the stock exhaust. Thinking of getting the sandale system, I've heard really good things about it.

q.gif
Quote: Originally Posted by Wattsy711

q2.gif
Like this? All stainless and tig welded. Has v-band connection between outlet and muffler, so no gasket to blow out.
Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by forevergreen; 01-07-2015 at 03:10 PM.

Crap ones getting put on now with header and clutch kit. Should they not be selling them

Talked to performance shop today they have had recall and new ones out already bracket added.

Looks like I have the beginnings of a small crack. 800 miles on the can.
I purchased it March or April of last year.

I used a mirror to take a pic of the bottom of the can.

mbrp2.jpg

Absolutely no increase at all just sound and access to chain case adjuster.that includes header.

is the cracking issue only on the older versions? or is happening to the new stainless versions also. Mine is the new stainless version.

Mine is an older version but it does have gussets welded to support the inlet pipe, are there gussets to support the outlet on the new version?

yes there are gussets on the bottom. can you see cracking on the bottom pipe yet?

I'm looking to buy the MBRP header and Trail Can for my SR Viper. But in Maine, you can't modify the exhaust to be louder than originally designed. Have you guys noticed this setup being louder than stock (or at least noticeably louder than stock)?

I'm looking to buy the MBRP header and Trail Can for my SR Viper. But in Maine, you can't modify the exhaust to be louder than originally designed. Have you guys noticed this setup being louder than stock (or at least noticeably louder than stock)?

Under full throttle yes. Otherwise not much of a difference. BTW, I have both the gusseted and non-gusseted cans and think the gusseted can is quieter.

Back