• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Disappointed In How Little The Used RX's Are Worth

John1Ohio

Extreme
Website
home.neo.rr.com
I was discussing the value of my 2004 RX-1 Warrior with 1200 miles on it in perfect condition with my dealer. They have a Brand Spanking New 2005 RX-1 Warrior that they will sell for $5250. They can't find a buyer. That probably makes my sled worth about nothing. I was going to sell it and get a 2008 Attak. It looks like I might be ordereing one and just keeping my sled. I don't think it is worth selling at this point.
:yam:

I tried selling my 03 RX1ER Liquid Silver with a lot of advertising for $4000.00 last winter with 2800 mi and didnt so much as get a call. Unfortunately we got jacked for our loot when we bought these things and need to rework them and enjoy them for there max milage and thats all there is to it. Upset and happy at the same time. haha

I had an 03 RX-1 Limited (Silver) and totalled it with 300 miles on it. I hit an unmarked boulder at about 65, ripped the A Arm mount out of the bulkhead and flipped the sled 5 or 6 times. I was fine but sled did not have 1 thing good left except motor. Even clutch was destroyed. Anyhow, my point is I had more in that sled than the warrior my insurance company let me replace it with. I just looked at original sales order and I have $8348 out the door in my sled. It is worth less than 1/2 right now. Oh well, I love the sled but will probably order an 08 Attak.

COME TO MAINE!

COME TO NORTHERN MAINE! The sled premium is amazingly high in northern maine. 01-02 srx's are selling for $4200. I just bought a 03 RX-1 with 6000 miles for $4600 and that was a good deal for around here. Vipers will run you $4500. It's really amazing. It sucks for me/us, but that's the price of snow I guess. Bring your sleds here!

I had mine advertised up at Russels in Caribou last year for the week I was there and not one bite for 4k. I actually ebayed it every season since I bought it and still no offers over 5k since second season of ownership. My dealer here in NH says he will take as trade for $3000 with 4500k mi but I have over 12k invested between 3 secondary drive axle assemblies, rebuit broken skid 4 times and accesories. I only ride ME will be in Houlton tomorrow at 7am to try pro-x upgrade and hopeing for a better end of winter for my sled. I am confident the tips I have aquired from this site will help me make it through one 500 mi trip without a repair. Fingers crossed and throttle wide open with new suspension front and rear. yee haw

sales

Vipersx700 where do you live? I live in Northern Maine and you can't give a sled away here. Have an 05 RX-1ER with 5yr warranty for $4800 not even a call. Also an 03 with 1yr of warranty left for $3500 and no bites on that either. Do you take sleds on consignment?

yup sir . i'm not all that happy with how they depreciate, but this is the nature of the beast and we've all known this well before we laid a chunk of change down on these machines. i really want to change up again, but i figure i'll wait till my warranty runs out and give this one to my son so i can justify buying another sled.

everything has a "planned" obsolescence. its what keeps us in new toys and dealers in business.

with the changing technology and back to back crappy seasons used sleds are not going to move.

lets just hope its not 3 seasons ... the industry might take a dive

Some friends of mine have a theory on sled depreciation. They feel that low end sleds and high end sleds converge to similar values after a few years. In other words the big dollar high end sleds actually depreciate at a much greater rate than the smaller and less expensive sleds. People in the market for 4 year or older sleds are more interested in condition than performance. Also those of us with RX1 sleds are at a disadvantage of being the test bed for this new technology. I have a few grand invested in my two just to get the ride, handling, and ergos corrected.

I paid $3800 for my 03 RX1 in August with 3000 miles on it in perfect condition and just picked up another 03 er with high mileage for $2100! There are great deals out there, sucks when you have to sell. Sad thing is it will be hard to get anything out of my 03 Viper with 4k on it, maybe $2500.

Back