• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

When is it too much???

Srxspec

Ulmer Racing
TY Advertiser
Tech Advisor
Website
www.ulmerracing.com
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 Yamaha SR Viper LTX, 2014 Yamaha SR Viper RTX SE, 2015 Yamaha SR Viper MTX SE 162 (turbo), 2015 Yamaha SR Viper MTX SE 153
WEBSITE
www.ulmerracing.com
Oilite bushings.....when is the cost to buy to high?? With this wonderful world we live in, the cost of goods has become outrageous! Some of it comes down to volume as well, the bushing kits for the older 4-strokes don't sell as many as they did 10 years ago, but I hate to discontinue the bushing kits!

I'll "forecast" the pricing for you, make sure you're sitting down before you read further.....

2003 RX-1 models
Current price $149.95 New price $199.95

2004-2005 RX-1 models, 2006-2010 Apex models, 2005-2011 RS Vector models
Current price $194.95 New price $249.95

2011-2018 Apex models, 2012-2018 RS Vector models
Current price $174.95 New price $219.95

2008 FX Nytro models
Current price $99.95 New price $134.95

2009-2014 FX Nytro models
Current price $109.95 New price $159.95

2008-2018 Phazer models
Current price $89.95 New price $99.95

So what does the end customer think? My cost from January 1 2022 has gone up from 25% to 36% depending on the kit (don't worry inflation is only 8-9%) :o|

In my opinion, there are cheaper options out there for at least some of the above machines in the list... but they likely won't last as long as the ones that you sell. Remember the saying... "Buy Once, Cry Once". ;)

well
my dumpster service just doubled and was 2 times a week and now 1 time a week so i think it quadrupled
may have to not stock anything and build when ordered with full payment
my electric bills all went up 30% suposed to go to 3x thats 300%

Keep making them as long as people keep riding.
With the price of the new sleds going crazy this is a cheaper alternative.

with new sleds getting harder to get i think this is a great deal as people be looking to get them old rigs going for few more seasons .

a little grease goes a long way on the plastic ones.

Do you make any for the Procross Viper Chassis?

I think Mainway solutions makes kits for Procross sleds.

With our Canadian peso, it's even worse plus the shipping and whatever CBSA decides to screw us with for taxes. Unfortunately there is a Canadian seller on fleabay, at least for my sled, that is much cheaper for me.

Bushing kits are back in stock, I left the pricing alone for now, my price did go up, but unlike the rest of the world, I DID NOT pass it onto the customer!

If you do annual maintenance on your sled and really check the bushings you have a fair chance at catching any in need of replacement prior to failure. This will keep your maintenance costs well below taking unnecessary preventative upgrade measures.

If you do annual maintenance on your sled and really check the bushings you have a fair chance at catching any in need of replacement prior to failure. This will keep your maintenance costs well below taking unnecessary preventative upgrade measures.

And if you don't want to buy a "complete kit" and want to buy just some individual Oilite bushings and make those bushings last 3 TIMES longer than the OEM bushings, you can do that too!

https://shop.ulmerracing.com/Oilite...uctId=-6092782&shopBy=-26776&catalogId=-11683

And if you don't want to buy a "complete kit" and want to buy just some individual Oilite bushings and make those bushings last 3 TIMES longer than the OEM bushings, you can do that too!

X2 as I had already purchased the complete set from Allen years back but like all bushings where they eventually wear, I had to contact him to replace a couple. My only mistake was not looking closely to see what all needed to be replaced and ended up making two separate orders (sorry again Allen:o|), As for doing preventative maintenance, believe me, I do my share but there is no way an OEM bushing was going to hold a stick to these Oilite bushings as my 08 Apex has close to 20,000 miles (purchased used w/ ~ 3000mi) and the individual bushings (ie. the bulkhead bushings) I purchased from Allen recently were the only ones that were bad and needed to be replaced. ;)!

Back