• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

diving deeper into belt issues

It looks like an interesting read. I will definitely read it as time allows.

Much of it could simply be that transmitting 200 plus horsepower through a 1.375 wide belt is just too much.
I'd like to see a 1.5 Mitsuboshi belt with the primary sheaves back at 14.5 degrees.
Or what about fan-directed air flow through the clutches much like the Rhino 700 and other ATV/SxS's have.
I also wonder if Yamaha has tested larger versions of the SxS clutches where the belt is always engaged and the initial engagement is inside the engine on a separate clutch. The belt life on those(almost identical to the Suzuki ATV belt clutches) is second to none.
thought the same myself. have a rhino with tracks and seen many of all brands. and for that matter, maybe a servo controlled shift

Mike ,try the BRP vents #860200684 to get some cool air in at the belt .Work good ,look good .
Hi Krm can you find a pic of them doo vents,mine will have someones vents on for next year. Thanks

These belt issues and other chassis issues are no surprise to me at all. The Pro Cross chassis has had these issues since Artic Cat first introduced it.
If you put a small block Chevy engine in a Mustang you still have a Mustang...no matter what decals or paint you put on it.

These Yamaha's are Arctic Cats and until Yamaha gets more involved with the next generation YamaCat or their own chassis design[if they ever do] these problems will continue. I hope they do this sooner rather then later so I can buy a new sled!

Horse Power is not the issue here...design is. Our trusty Apex chassis seems to be able to handle Stage 2 super chargers and big boost turbos with few belt issues.

JM.02

I’ve made a few different post over the last two years. I’ve went from blowing belts every trip to getting over 3000 miles this year on one belt. If anyone would like to ask a question or compare clutches just pm me. I’m not a clutch expert but I defiantly have my belt issue fixed.

I’m going to post a “8200 mile service and inspection “ post . I’ll get more in depth and post some pictures.

Also you can use the search function “ my clutch setup”. Might be some helpful info there for anyone with clutch issues.

Stock power yes, power does not seem to be the issue. My machine with stock power WAS blowing belts a lot

which roller best so far for performance and durability....I think 15.5 is the happy medium...what is profile of g force weight you ran ...flat?
Hi SJ
Honestly no one is durable whit BIG HP, the bushing are always coming out clockwise no mather who make them no matter the press fit pressure:-( People who doesn't have primary roller problems are probably just not riding as hard as they think....
Its crasy but the worst one on my sled are suppose to be the most durable. Maybe it was a bad batch but bushing were coming out as the other...

Gforce S2 weight are desing to run whit big roller. Pretty flat at the beginning aud more agrssive at the end. I don't like big roller even whit higher cam angle to much loss of "snap" down low . My opinion

The toughest one to date, are brand new oem 14.5, bushing removed and put back in crazy glue:confused::crap::hide:
I put the bushing a the end of the roller left side and create a little lip whit crazy glue on the right side!( clutch on the sled looking at it) When i did that i had no expectations but it is what it is!!!

Last edited:

Back