• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

DNR and gutted stock exhaust

ssgzag15

Extreme
Put on 250 mi around Hurley WI this weekend, my gutted exhaust can drew many looks and compliments, The WI DNR had a check station setup, and they waved me over to the decibel meter and checked me 3 times, they said I was really close to the limit, but not over. Whew!

Interesting... what did you all cut out? Just the 2 crossover pipes?
How were the trails up there?

Trails in the UP were rough with all the traffic. The need snow and some cold weather to harden the snow up.

Lake Gogebic was fun. 115 and left the 800 Etec in my dust. He was scared to run his wide open for 10 miles. :4STroke:

Ill be heading that way this weekend. Looks like there is a little snow in the forcast (3"-6") hope they are decent when we go.

Banks93 said:
115 and left the 800 Etec in my dust. He was scared to run his wide open for 10 miles. :4STroke:

I can not speak about the 800 e-tec but I have towed plenty of 800 Power-TEK's home. They tend to seize if held wide open for long distances trying to run with my Apex.

Hope for snow and cold weather. The trails in the UP were beat to hell and back. The XTX with power steering is still a hog going 20mph to 30mph in the windy trails with 2' moguls. Does a great job at 70mph or 80mph on the grade.

ssgzag15 said:
Put on 250 mi around Hurley WI this weekend, my gutted exhaust can drew many looks and compliments, The WI DNR had a check station setup, and they waved me over to the decibel meter and checked me 3 times, they said I was really close to the limit, but not over. Whew!

I would like to make my Apex louder. However since I like to have a "few" drinks while I am riding, I do not need to be giving the DNR a reason to stop me to test my exhaust and then decide to test me as well!

I went Gogebic last Tues. Trails were still good then, obviously sounds like not anymore.
My buddy has a brand new 800 etech. I have 11' xtx.
From a 2-3 mph rolling start I pulled away everytime.

ssgzag15 said:
Good snow around Mercer and Vilas Cnty, all else is hammered mud..

I heard that the Mercer area had decent trails but that they had a slight meltdown recently. Therefore my buddy & I changed our reservations from Mercer, WI to Houghton, MI for this weekend.

We figured that a couple of extra hours of driving would be worth it to ensure that we have good snow and groomed trails for one of the few trips that we will probably be taking this winter.

Mercer got the snot beat out of it last weekend, alot of traffic.

looks like a few inches of snow to mercer hurley area according to Johndee before the weekend. I hope we find some decent snow.

I gutted my exhaust last year on my buddy's and my Attak gt's. Lots of comments on the sound. You spend alot of money on aftermarket exhausts that dont give you much if any extra HP and could easily be finned for DB levels. With the gutted exhaust you can play the ignorant card. It is still the stock exhaust. I think the sound is as good or better then the after market ones I have heard. Just my 2 cents for anyone considering gutting theirs.

Back