• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Do You Like Tunes When You Ride- FYI

Shaf

Expert
Website
www.fthr.com
It used to be a hassel to get my helmet on my head with even the smallest ear-buds.

I had a company make me a custom molded set of earphones you cant even tell you have them on.

Now all i need is a MP3 player.

Go To www.racingradios.com

I went the cheap- #$%&* aproach when I set up my motorcycle helmet. I modified a set of headphones and removed the head piece, leaving just the ear phone parts. I pulled the foam pieces out of my helmet next to my ears, and put velcro in the helmet and on the backs of the earphones, and stuck them in place. I didn't even know they were there except for listening to them. Not fancy, but they worked great and had better sound than many earbuds have. I haven't tried them in my snowmobile helmet, so I can't comment on how they work with the extra noise of a sled.

What are you going to use to provide music? If I can ever get my sled back from the dealer, I want to mount an XM antenna on the sled, and put the receiver in my tank bag. I would also like to invest in something like an i-pod for when I can't get reception with the XM (like if I'm on a tight trail covered by tree branches).

Jim

yup. i used a set of standard outside the ear head phones and velcroed them in my helmet. load a mp3 player and ride on. mine is 2 yrs. old and still holds about 100 songs, so i'm sure the new ones hold well over 200. never thought about sat. radio, do they get good enough reception in the woods?

You could also use a mini Ipod, they hold 1000 songs and would cost you 200.00. I just bought one for my daughter.

I have a Dell Pocket DJ, with Sony ear plugs. I use it a lot while riding, the only problem I have is some times I have to have the sound loud and when I stop, it is a little too loud. I have a HJC full face helment and have no problem putting the helment on or off.

i have sirus in my truck (like xm) it uses a fm modulator. this requires a fm signal ie radio with antenna. i would check it out a little closer b4 spending the cash. you still need to tune in to a solid fm station for the xm to be clear.

ipod shuffle is perfect for the sled and very reasonable. I use a Moto-Comm headset with a FRS/GRMS radios with the AUX-1 cable and my shuffle. Works great for communicating and for listening to tunes while riding. Only negative is the extra cable since I put my radio and shuffle on the tank bag.

I bought a setup to try but can not get over that sound of a turbo Rx1 yet, sounds better than any tunes!!!

Skydog P.S. Buy the way for you guys that like Cold there new CD is UNREAL!!!Best cd i have bought in years and i buy about one a week!!

Skydog said:
I bought a setup to try but can not get over that sound of a turbo Rx1 yet, sounds better than any tunes!!!

Skydog P.S. Buy the way for you guys that like Cold there new CD is UNREAL!!!Best cd i have bought in years and i buy about one a week!!

YOU GOTTA GET SOME MORE MILES ON :Rockon:

yamahajunkie said:
i have sirus in my truck (like xm) it uses a fm modulator. this requires a fm signal ie radio with antenna. i would check it out a little closer b4 spending the cash. you still need to tune in to a solid fm station for the xm to be clear.

I have the XM Sky-Fi like this one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Delphi-XM-SkyFi-Tun ... dZViewItem
and it uses a cassette adapter or plugs directly into a stereos input jack. Its great because you can plug headphones directly into it...no FM receiver. MUCH better sound quality than those FM modulators give you. Just plug it into a power source, plug in headphones, and mount the antenna to any metal surface (magnetic mount). I want to make a small metal bracket to put the antenna on.

Jim

Just picked up my earphones today at the track,all i can say is its money well spent, they fit like a glove.

Racing Radios said anyone can get the mold made for there ears at most ENTs then send them the mold in to RR they charge like 10 bucks at the DRs office to make the mold.

Back