• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Does YAMAHA MOTORS read this ???

MUSKIE

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Custom - 06 Apex
I have been reading all the reports know for 2 hours and 95% of people are not happy with the new lineup...(myself also )... Does anyone no if the company even no or care what the buying public says or thinks ?? Is this form even read by them ?? I think not as they are building stuff 2 years ahead right now..what is on our wish list is long gone and they are a LONG way from here.. There testing and upgrades are going in to bikes and jet skis which are cutting edge... Why this has not gone to there sled line ?-- i do not no .?.. Maybe they believe that if it isnt busted dont fix....I will say that you will NEVER find a sled that is better build =fit and finish / repair bills / always get you home / ( no tow needed ). and still has some ponys to boot... That is stock =there is NO END to the HP you can make from the engine that is in these sleds...Maybe next year they bring out some NEW wild /crazy /cool looken /fast sleds ( i hope so ) but they must be still made at the highest level..There are other brands BUT =you no.........sorry for going on ....1 thing FOR SURE ===Yamaha still makes the best built SLED... :yam:

The new lineup isnt ground breaking, but interestingly, they actually FINALLY addressed problems which they have had since 06' on the apex's for example.

This include the addition of extroverts, THESE ARE A MUST ON THIS SLED!!, finally handwarmers that just might work, and replaceable bearings, oh, and the exhaust is now supported. Unfortunately, just to make the sled right, I realazed all these exact deficiencies and had to do it myself before yamaha did.

Next on the chopping block will be to fix the approach angle of the skid, make a steering system without 1 and a half million ball joints, shafts and non greaseable black plastic bushings, and to make it not have a dangerous amount of ski lift in turns. Try driving an SRX, you will cry....

Yamahammer485 said:
The new lineup isnt ground breaking, but interestingly, they actually FINALLY addressed problems which they have had since 06' on the apex's for example.

This include the addition of extroverts, THESE ARE A MUST ON THIS SLED!!, finally handwarmers that just might work, and replaceable bearings, oh, and the exhaust is now supported. Unfortunately, just to make the sled right, I realazed all these exact deficiencies and had to do it myself before yamaha did.

Next on the chopping block will be to fix the approach angle of the skid, make a steering system without 1 and a half million ball joints, shafts and non greaseable black plastic bushings, and to make it not have a dangerous amount of ski lift in turns. Try driving an SRX, you will cry....

These "exhaust supports" you mention(and the other additions for that matter)...this tells me Yamaha obviously knows/admits there is a problem with the 06-09 models. I wonder if is there any chance Yamaha will do any type of recall then...hmmm? At least sell the upgrades...

I think a lot of us just had high expectations that we knew deep down wouldn't be met. I think they did a good job at addressing some of the problems. we cant all be happy and what if they did put out a factory sled with boost ? I know at 2010 prices adding boost would have pushed price outside my means and ability in our current economy. But i sure like the orange ;)! now if they would have just put it in the mountain chassis lol

i think Yami corporate would be foolish to not frequent this site. It is a very inexpensive tool to be used to market research and to see what is going on with there machines in the field. I would like to think that they have an engineer that reads this site religiously!

I know yamaha reads stuff on this site. But, this is a small window of all the yamaha owners out there. A lot has to be taken with a grain of salt also. A lot of people will complain in a heartbeat on here ( or any other forum for that matter ) but, wont post much about how happy they are or what they do like about the sled they own.

If any of you think our sleds are not the best available, Goodby.

If the rest of you are happy with our Apex, as I am, what are you. complaining about?

How many years was the VW beetle made?

Why would you want to change the best sled made? It only means it will hold their value.

If you are not happy, there are 3 other manufacturers.

mulderdad said:
What did you mean yamahammer when you said to try driving an srx and you will cry??

They handle so flat, its unbeleivable!

When my attak was in the shop or a new stator, I had my 2000 venture XL out and wow, I was so happy with how that handled the trails, it was super flat. There was no fighting it and man handling to try and get the skis down because they simply did not go up.

However, as nice as the handling is, the seating position makes long trail rides feel longer than on the attak

The economy is too crummy to bring out the big guns this year.. sleds and sledding in general is very expensive..

I read somewhere that the average household income of a snowmobilier is over 80K a year.. wish i made that..

$12K for a new sled is just plain NUTS..

I will be keeping my old apex gt FOREEVER (or untill it wont run anymore) its only got 8600 miles so that could be a few more years.. LOL

welterracer said:
The economy is too crummy to bring out the big guns this year.. sleds and sledding in general is very expensive..

I read somewhere that the average household income of a snowmobilier is over 80K a year.. wish i made that..

$12K for a new sled is just plain NUTS..
I will be keeping my old apex gt FOREEVER (or untill it wont run anymore) its only got 8600 miles so that could be a few more years.. LOL

I agree. i will be running my 2006 apex into the ground and when it breaks i will be replacing the parts with the newly designed 2010 stuff that now works properly.
hopefully it all fits!!

KatahdinLodge said:
I know yamaha reads stuff on this site. But, this is a small window of all the yamaha owners out there. A lot has to be taken with a grain of salt also. A lot of people will complain in a heartbeat on here ( or any other forum for that matter ) but, wont post much about how happy they are or what they do like about the sled they own.

Just to put things in persperctive...

12 000 registered users plus a whole lot of visitors...
Thats a fucking lot of Yamaha'ers...

And the two other french forums in quebec refer to all the subjects that are in this, the biggest forum in the world concerning Yamaha snowmobiles...

And My dealer, in a little french only village, a 4000 population village, has poeple coming in all the time and referring to information that originated from this forum, ...

so Yamaha should SPONSOR this site, not only read it...

:bling

Back