• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Doo fuel can on xtx

Line q will work as well. Probably better as the strap will not loosen. I would have bought the Line q if I new they were discontinuing the one pictured!

LineQ works great but the LineQ mounts won't bolt directly onto the nytro tunnel. I had to buy a couple of aluminum u-channels and make a foundation to mount it on. I'm away from home right now but if you're interested I can take a few photos and post them.

sloan188 said:
LineQ works great but the LineQ mounts won't bolt directly onto the nytro tunnel. I had to buy a couple of aluminum u-channels and make a foundation to mount it on. I'm away from home right now but if you're interested I can take a few photos and post them.

Wow, thanks for the tip! and yes pics would be very much appreciated!
The LinQ system does seem pretty neat, but I was hoping it would be a simple install.

It is very neat and despite some requirement to fabricate, it's an extremely simple fabrication. Moving the tail light back was more difficult than fabricating the foundation.

I'll send pics by the end of the weekend....

sloan188 said:
It is very neat and despite some requirement to fabricate, it's an extremely simple fabrication. Moving the tail light back was more difficult than fabricating the foundation.

I'll send pics by the end of the weekend....

Awesome, thank you very much! No need to worry about my tail light, I've already installed a trailer LED on the back of the tunnel where the reflector used to be. Tunnel will be nice and flat from the seat to the bumper (have an SDR undertunnel exhaust to install as well).

where can i find one of the brp strap type any one selling one ? i missed one yesterday . moutain tech i believe... sells a neat rack and mount .no straps

Here are a few pics....

Attachments

• IMGP7460a.jpg
    IMGP7460a.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 326
  • IMGP7464a.jpg
    IMGP7464a.jpg
    308.2 KB · Views: 295
  • IMGP7466a.jpg
    IMGP7466a.jpg
    278.3 KB · Views: 302
  • IMGP7467a.jpg
    IMGP7467a.jpg
    313 KB · Views: 308
No problem. Not sure if you noticed or not but I installed the exhaust turn out. I'd highly recommend it if you install a fuel container on the back....

Approx $120 cdn for Linq system (fuel can with the black brackets). I made the aluminum bracket that I mounted it on from a longer piece of 1/2" aluminum channel that I bought at Canadian Tire. The aluminum channel was probably less than $10. I also bought the 8 screws, washers, lock washers and nuts that I used to mount it to the tunnel.

In order to build it, I put the Linq brackets on the fuel can, flipped it over and measured the outside of the linq mounting brackets and cut 2 pieces of the aluminum stock a touch shorter. Then I marked/measured the linq mounting bracket holes on the aluminum stock and drilled the holes. I mounted the linq brackets to the aluminum stock, checked the fuel tank fit and then mounted the whole thing to the tunnel.

I think the exhaust turn-out was about $45 cdn...it's a Yamaha part.

Thanks sloan188 maybe it would be better to go with the linq sys. than the older brp strap setup . have you seen the sys. from moutain addicts ? :sled1: :sled1: :sled1:

I looked into the doo strap but could not find one. I prefer the linq though now that I have one. Very easy to put on and take off.
I have no direct experience with any others; however, I researched the mountain addicts, kolpin, trail buddy and a few others and liked the linq best. I am very happy with it. I have about 2000km on it and am very pleased. It does not move at all.

Back