• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Doo temptation

The handling of the XP truly is 'telepathic' like the media claims. The lightweight of the Doo makes for a sled that absolutely rails the turns, it's unreal. I hate to sacrifice awsome Yamaha relaibility but the XP is very fun to drive unlike my boring Attak. I'm probably headed over to Camp Bumble Bee unless Yamaha comes out w/a moderate / hi horsepower sled that weighs at least 75#'s lighter than my Attak. Yamaha needs to 'get the lead out' & build lighter sleds to retain customers.

Ski Doo

I have been on Yamaha 4 strokes since 04 with my current ride being a 05 Warrior. I really like my Warrior for the riding I do and my buddies call it a cadillac with balls. The motor in these Yamahas are just awesome. I just rode my first Ski doo rev over this past weekend. It was a 600 SDI 05 I believe. I know it would hurt my knees if I rode it for too long but I will tell you that the suspension on that sled over bumps was the best that I have ever ridden..... Now I would like to test ride the new 1200 Ski Doo 4 stroke.

Re: Ski Doo

Tf18 said:
I have been on Yamaha 4 strokes since 04 with my current ride being a 05 Warrior. I really like my Warrior for the riding I do and my buddies call it a cadillac with balls. The motor in these Yamahas are just awesome. I just rode my first Ski doo rev over this past weekend. It was a 600 SDI 05 I believe. I know it would hurt my knees if I rode it for too long but I will tell you that the suspension on that sled over bumps was the best that I have ever ridden..... Now I would like to test ride the new 1200 Ski Doo 4 stroke.

The ride and seating position on the 1200 is much much better than the old Rev! And power wise, it will blow that 600 sdi into next week!

According to the Ski Doo dealer in Old Forge NY - the 1200 for next year, 2010 will be available with a supercharger - it should keep up :flag:

TF18,

I'm not sure about your Warrior vs the Xr1200Renegade but I rode a Nytro & the XR for about 5 hours and we raced many times - the Nytro would take 2-3 lengths off the line then the 1200 would scream by at around 50mph(Both 121's). In fairness the Nytro had 144 studs and the XR had 0 studs. This past weekend I raced a well tuned rx1 with my XR 1200 Renegade and took 5+ lengths off the line and continued to pull more lengths thru the mid range - he said he "might" have been creeping on the top end we raced twice and had identical results. Raced an 09 800R also, we raced at least a dozen times and basically until 80mph we were dead even, you could even give the Advanage to the XR but he would slowly creep away on the big end but it certainly took better than a 1/4+ mile before he could get ahead. If you get the chance to test ride one, make sure you race someone for a baseline the Xr is so smooth the performance is deceiving. Hope this helps.

Maybe BRP and Yamaha should merge so we could have the great Yamaha engines in a chassis with a superior suspension package...

I bought a 2008 Xp 800 this year useds after the problems I had with my bent frame on my Nytro. I have not really taken to this sled. I had alot of more fun on my Nytro. Till now I had to have the handwarmers replaced and now a broken wire in the wiring harness. It doesn't get good mileage period and it burns oil. The only thing that it does better then my Nytro is the top end. I have played with it some and I don't it find it handles all that hot. Yes its light but the only time you notice how light it is when you have to lift it. On the trail it doesn't feel any lighter then the Nytro. I will buy the next sled that does it all well.. hole-shot-top end-warm hands- and has reliability or and don't forget a strong frame. I'm not sure this sled is available yet.

Two of the people I ride with traded in FST's for MX-Z 1200's. His is a Renegade and his wife's is a TNT. They came with a curios configuration. The long track did not have handlebar hooks while the short track had a very small windshield. The Renegade also has the problem of kicking out of gear (weak spring). Aside from that they have put over a 1000 miles on in Jan alone with no problems. I had a chance to ride the TNT for about half an hour. Very light steering though prone to darting, outside temp was just below freezing. Very smooth clutch engagement. When hitting the throttle its launch was also smooth, didn't have the kick the Apex has. Took the sled into some powder about 2 feet deep, it kept its speed well and was very maneuverable in the deep stuff. I did not like the seat, it was very hard, she commented that sitting on the Attak was like sitting on a couch. The Renegade is incredible in the deep stuff, I stopped in some drifts that were about 5 ft deep, It floated right on top and I was able to pull away with no problem. I had the Attak pinned to get through the same drift. As mention I did not like the seat on the TNT. The renegade seemed to be softer. Also with the loose warm snow the TNT was bucking, hopping around, and spinning the track on the rough stuff. I believe that that comes from these sleds being so light. My Attak was not having that problem. We have not yet had a chance to race, the snow conditions never seem to be safe for a side by side full throttle run.(We have had a lot of drifting snow on the lakes.) As for gas mileage the MX-Zs have me beat by about 2 miles per gallon. Both Mx-Zs have the same gas mileage. Over all if you want a sled to play in the powder and be highly maneuverable the MX-Z has the advantage. On the trails I will keep my Attak(or for the sheer pleasure of the pounding on the throttle and letting the Yami 4-stoke unwind). Oh the Skidoo seats are also very short...guess who has to double the stranded rider. :4STroke:

Tycho998 said:
Two of the people I ride with traded in FST's for MX-Z 1200's. His is a Renegade and his wife's is a TNT. They came with a curios configuration. The long track did not have handlebar hooks while the short track had a very small windshield. The Renegade also has the problem of kicking out of gear (weak spring). Aside from that they have put over a 1000 miles on in Jan alone with no problems. I had a chance to ride the TNT for about half an hour. Very light steering though prone to darting, outside temp was just below freezing. Very smooth clutch engagement. When hitting the throttle its launch was also smooth, didn't have the kick the Apex has. Took the sled into some powder about 2 feet deep, it kept its speed well and was very maneuverable in the deep stuff. I did not like the seat, it was very hard, she commented that sitting on the Attak was like sitting on a couch. The Renegade is incredible in the deep stuff, I stopped in some drifts that were about 5 ft deep, It floated right on top and I was able to pull away with no problem. I had the Attak pinned to get through the same drift. As mention I did not like the seat on the TNT. The renegade seemed to be softer. Also with the loose warm snow the TNT was bucking, hopping around, and spinning the track on the rough stuff. I believe that that comes from these sleds being so light. My Attak was not having that problem. We have not yet had a chance to race, the snow conditions never seem to be safe for a side by side full throttle run.(We have had a lot of drifting snow on the lakes.) As for gas mileage the MX-Zs have me beat by about 2 miles per gallon. Both Mx-Zs have the same gas mileage. Over all if you want a sled to play in the powder and be highly maneuverable the MX-Z has the advantage. On the trails I will keep my Attak(or for the sheer pleasure of the pounding on the throttle and letting the Yami 4-stoke unwind). Oh the Skidoo seats are also very short...guess who has to double the stranded rider. :4STroke:

You should tell them that their dealer will replace the seat its a recall.. in 09 all the sleds came out with the right seat u sink right into it i love it but i never sit down on the riding i do.

Attachments

• 2008 snowmobile.jpg
    2008 snowmobile.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 114
Just did 1800 miles in 7 days...
Me on Apex 2009..... cold hands...
My freind on 2006 600 SDI .... blew piston on 5th day... had to stop and waited 5 hours in a little village... Got to look inside the dealer's mechanic shop...and saw a whole lot of 2009's with open motors and cranks... and 2 guys with 4-tec blown with less than 300 miles...

Was pretty happy with my cold hands..

My freind was always slowing down on long streches so not to blow his motor...me, i could push the throttle till i got all blurry...

:die

Back