• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Doo towing a Yamaha???!!!!

Budweiser

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Pic is of my 2012 1200 towing my buddies 06 Attak. I post to bust some chops and give you Yamaha riders a heads up. The Attak has 14000 miles on it and it was the stator that failed. We were on a bagger trip in Quebec. The sled is maintained very well. In the morning it started very hard but then ran perfectly all morning. After stopping for a break, wouldn't start.

I sold my Attak with 17,000 miles and never had this problem.

We also had a guy with over 20 years of riding in Quebec and this was the first time he's had a Yamaha towed in his group. Says a lot for Yamaha reliability.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    659.7 KB · Views: 152

Sure his stator failed. He ran out of gas while you had an extra jerry can. You simply towed him to a gas station :drink:

ranger1 said:
Yeaaa, 14.000 miles ya say, lets see what your ski poo looks like after that many miles , hahahahaha!
After towing the Yamaha you best check your primary clutch as they tend to blow up.....Do they not have a clutch problem,...Hmmm?
lol p.s stick to your own site if you have nothing good to say about our product!!!!!!
I think you might have mistaken the nature of his post... I dont think hes here to cause trouble

Hey; it happens......Not bad though for those kinda miles.

Pretty sure those OTHER BRANDS only wished they could get that

BTW.....Seeing MORE YAMAHA'S around here all the time.....YET 2 C one Broke Down or Being Towed though. Saw a guy in a PRETTY NEW "DOO SUIT"....DRIVEN A NYTRO...HUMMMMMMMMMM
:sled1:

ranger1 said:
Yeaaa, 14.000 miles ya say, lets see what your ski poo looks like after that many miles , hahahahaha!
After towing the Yamaha you best check your primary clutch as they tend to blow up.....Do they not have a clutch problem,...Hmmm?
lol p.s stick to your own site if you have nothing good to say about our product!!!!!!

Easy Killer! Didn't I say I owned 1 for 17,000 miles??? And I have a lot of good to say about YOUR product. I've owned a SXR, Vector and Attak. And that's why I mentioned someone going to Quebec for over 20 years and NEVER having a Yamaha towed.

Touchy touchy! My intent was only to inform you high milers out there that this could happen and its an ender if your on a trip.

Peace...

Mighty said:
Sure his stator failed. He ran out of gas while you had an extra jerry can. You simply towed him to a gas station :drink:

Actually the 2 sleds get the same gas mileage. My only advantage is slightly larger tank. And he has 150 horse and I have about 135. I thought I'd get better mileage but don't...

Mine did this last year in quebec.... very hard starting in the morning, stopped for lunch...toasted stator... luckily it was the last day, but still left a sour taste in my mouth.. within 2 weeks i had a new 1200 doo in the stable.

I had to tow my buddies rev out Saturday after he hit a length of well casing used as drain pipe in the middle of the trail. Caught his carbide skag. On the crap precision skis. I turned around to find his sled on the belly pan. Skis, a arms, tie rod, shock, nun, belly pan and some bulkhead straightening are needed. N he was only going 15-20mph. Hate to see the damage if it was an xp.

I was towed out a couple of weeks ago. Now we are even with tows lol.

yamahas said:
I was towed out a couple of weeks ago. Now we are even with tows lol.

Glad you got that out of your system before the TY Ontario ride! LOL

haha yea, almost back together. Gotta find some snow to make sure its 100%.

yamaha1973 said:
ranger1 said:
I think you might have mistaken the nature of his post... I dont think hes here to cause trouble
He's actually kinda complimenting Yamaha

stuff breaks oh well, if my sled breaks on a trip it's a bummer for everyone same if someone elses goes down, last year only had a xp break on the trail and it was a track failure not really a ski-doo issue so far this year no issues with anybrand

Back