• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Drag & Flys

Thanks guys...Super Toquer did give me a starting point along with Turk's suggestions I think I will be able to dial them in. Just got kind of scared when I saw the double dong red spring...don't want to smoke the track off the line. I would like to try to keep the engagement around the stock 3800ish.

gomer said:
Everything else I've read on here seemed to say this kit was pretty straight forward, that's why I bought it. I understand I am going to have to dial it in, but I didn't think I was going to have to spend a week in the back 40 with the local clutch guru making test runs. Which is it?

Start with Turks initial setup. If you have any mods that make HP you will have to add weight. If you have studs that makes a diff. If you want a different engagement you will have to adjust for that. Its not a bad thing, they are great weights. But they are not install and go. The only adjustment you can make with the clutch installed on the sled is the shoulder, so every other adjustment requires removal of the clutch. Once you get the hang of them it can be fun, but time consuming.
Leeko,when I talked to Randy from Supertorquer he mentioned Turk by name along with his setup, so you can bet we are getting the best info right here on TY.

Thanks, you guys made me nervous. The first snow we usually spend in the fields close to home shaking things down. My ski-doo pals always seem to be breaking new motors in, seriously.

Back