• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Drag n fly test today

The FLY's made a big dif in my sled. I don't know if the weights made my sled go 120 on the dream meter or if it was the conditions but I have only been up to 117 and thats not for lack of trying. I really like the weights it was money well spent, a cheap hopup item.

Does this sound right with the dnf's...... finally got the secondary set up last night. out of hole hits 11000 rpm, immediately drops to bout 10000 and starts building up to bout 10500, 10700. She pulls hard and feels really good. will try to find some one to run tonight and a top end run.

running 3-3 pink

sj said:
need to add some more heel weight.....recommend white sec spring 3-3

Steve, should be running the white sec as well? I do have one..

I prefer the pink on a shorty with the dnf,s. at 70 wrap.
renegade; your initial overrev is probably from spinning huge.

I run stock secondary on any yamaha i have set up with these
There could be better set ups then what I came up with
keep an open mind & test stuff.

Turk said:

turk...what about with excellent traction...seems to me for optimum upshift the white pulls harder...

We run rubber tracks...no pics.
white could be better on a picked sled
Never done any physical testing with pic,s because nobody runs em here.

What does Randy say about the power to the track for the 2-speeds vs the D&F's? Equal all things considered or does one have an advantage over the other?

sj said:
need to add some more heel weight.....recommend white sec spring 3-3

I have the max allowed in my heel now. I will probably order a white spring to give it a try! Soooooo put weight in the tip now??????

Turk said:

Turk, man you are right on!!! I am spinning huge. How do you know this lol? I tell you what even so, it does feel faster every way around. I am soooooo close!!! I am having fun with this now and my dealer is too. I called him up and told him my results..... he was like we can do better!! :jump:

I am gonna wait and try with a new belt hopefully tomorrow before making any further adjustments.

That said how often do you guys change belts? I believe its a very important part of the whole system. I have over 900 miles on this belt now and it is in very good shape, which is as about the longest I use a belt before changing. I want to have every advantage I can!

You guys are all so much help!!! :rocks:

278 miles this past weekend and I was completely blown away by Turk's setup. It was dead on once I hit the snow. I still can't get over how snappy the sled is on the trails. Huge difference in midrange with these weights. I wish I could give a better review from a dead stop, but there just wasn't much traction.

I raced my buddies 900 fusion last year from a 40 roll and we would stay side by side till 90 where I would start to creep out on him. With the D&F's I would pull 2 sleds at the hit of the throttle at just about any speed and kept walking till he gave up.

bm250r said:
278 miles this past weekend and I was completely blown away by Turk's setup. It was dead on once I hit the snow. I still can't get over how snappy the sled is on the trails. Huge difference in midrange with these weights. I wish I could give a better review from a dead stop, but there just wasn't much traction.

I raced my buddies 900 fusion last year from a 40 roll and we would stay side by side till 90 where I would start to creep out on him. With the D&F's I would pull 2 sleds at the hit of the throttle at just about any speed and kept walking till he gave up.

Sweet, what other mods do you have done?

Back