• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Drag n fly test today

I played with mine a bit today in the grass. Did a before and after and I was blown away. I really love these, can't wait to get them on the snow.

How much difference is there between rpm's on the grass and in the snow?

mark add the white secondary spring at 3-3....also you might be spinning your track in the loose..

bm250r thses machines love the hard surfaces....the deeper the snow the more inconsistent the pull...

First good run with my FLY's today and they were great. Thanks to Scott from Boss performance for a great setup, spot on the first try.

Chad

My sled is stock except for the FLY's. Same springs that came from the factory. Looks like most of you are running with motor mods and my setup won't help you but, I used setscrews per Scott's recomendation. He knows what he is talking about. If you are going to get the FLY's I recomend getting them through Scott because you are going to be pimping him for his info. His customer service is great.

Hi guys , i have Drag and Fly , on my RTX 06, ,,,23/38, whit 96 pin

It's a good improuvement , now i jump in front my friend Attack 07 Stock and a Apex ltx ( bolt are pin 108 )

I take 2 or 3 links at the start , but after we stay like thats for wild, my speedo mark 110mph

Question 1 : it that suposed to be ?

Question 2 : Whats difference between Original spring and the white in secondary?

Question 3 : Thats gone help if i change the spring?

Thanks
Excuse fault ,,,,i am french but i try ..loll

Warrior

chadman said:
My sled is stock except for the FLY's. Same springs that came from the factory. Looks like most of you are running with motor mods and my setup won't help you but, I used setscrews per Scott's recomendation. He knows what he is talking about. If you are going to get the FLY's I recomend getting them through Scott because you are going to be pimping him for his info. His customer service is great.

he's pretty much the only one who sells them and is tuning with these on the forum...so I think he's okay...I personally promote him for his customer service with the heelclicker stuff..

Anyone know how much you would need to change from a grass setup to a snow setup?

Mine over rev's a few hundred rpm's on the grass. Will I turn more or less rpm on the snow?

Im trying to get ready for a big trip but there is no snow close enough for me to get out and test on.

d & f

Please PM me let's get these weights set up correct, as they run awsome with the right set up.
Thanks
Scott

Are they that much better over STOCK, how about for trail riding are they as SMOOTH shifting I'm seriously thinking of getting a set but on the fence...

apltx08 said:
Are they that much better over STOCK, how about for trail riding are they as SMOOTH shifting I'm seriously thinking of getting a set but on the fence...

to me thats one of their hallmark's....they make the sled more enjoyable to ride because they are smoother....especially with Scott's (ptt) setups with the o.e.m. springs....

Drag & fly's

Hi, The kit comes with two primary springs, they have higher spring "rates" vs the stock primary springs, some people don't like the higher engagement and higher mid range rpm's.

So I have been testing using the stk. primary spring, these weights work with the stk primary showing excellent results throughout the power band, running stock engagement and stock mid range rpm's. The sled feels "tame" when your not on the throttle, pull the throttle (ptt) and it's a animal.

Through out the years some have stated that clutch "kits" only make a sled feel faster b/c the kits are using higher spring rates, I believe we have proved this theory wrong.

I have also been keeping the secondary stock. I have and will continue to test different helix angles, once I have found the angles that the sled likes/needs for all conditions I will offer one, as long as it warrants the cost vs improvement. As of this time, I have not found it.
The stk secondary works well.

Happy Trails

Scott (ptt)

I personally feel the 2 speeds make the most power with tradeoffs...but the dnf's are dam close with less tradeoffs..

Back