• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Drag n fly test today

Did some testing yesterday on the groomed trail.. We got quite a bit of snow that last couple of days 8" over 2 days, but the trails were packed from sled traffic with about 3" of loose packed snow on top of hard packed... That's what it was like when I got off my sled and pushed my boot into the ground to see when I could reach the hard packed snow. I'm blowing the track out.... Off the line it pulls 9800 and is bogging bad, then pulls 10,500 and stays there.. Do a roll on @30mile per hour and it pulls to 10,500-10,600 and stays there... Do a roll on @60mph and 9000RPM and it pulls nice to 10,800 and rolls hard to 11,000-11,100 and stays there. Runs good when I'm rolling that high of mph...

On a plowed road for about 800ft, It pulls 10,500 from a 5 mph roll on and slowly climbs to 10,800 and stays there.

It should be going to 10,700-10,800 out of the hole and then roll to 11,000 in most conditions according to Scott on how he set them out...

I tried calling Scott, but waiting for his call. It is the weekend and all, so I might be waiting until Monday. My stock secondary spring is @3-3 with stock helix. I could tighten the secondary spring. Any thoughts..

andy...running too much weight in the heel and first hole......and actually you need to remove a half gram from the tip too

Drag & fly's

Hi Andy, I have been setting up sleds all weekend just got home, I'll call you tomorrow night.
Scott

PTT

Looking for PTT phone number. I need some clutching set up help? PM me if anyones got it..,. Thanks

Scott

How do wee adjust these weight? rivot or screw and washer?

And how much horsepower they transfer to the track on a dyno?

ROCKRTX said:
Scott

How do wee adjust these weight? rivot or screw and washer?

And how much horsepower they transfer to the track on a dyno?

Hi, these weight's use screw's and washers. They have four sections for weight placement.

The heel (shoulder), center(middle) tip and overdrive.

Thanks
Scott

Ok Guys, I went for a ride today and I think I have my overshift problem resolved, but I'm hitting 11,000-11,250 before I even hit 75+mph... Over reving to much . Do I just add weight to the tip or do I have to do something else? So far, I have not seen much of gain over Allen's or Proline... What am I doing wrong... I'm running 1 stainless steel in the heel, 3/8 small set screw in the center, same in the tip and 1 bolt in the OD. Stock Pink Secondary set @ 3-3...

first off....white spring in the secondary...since you have hookup try wrap to 70 degree's..

second run the next size set screw (1/2") to the first hole..

or try a steeper helix start angle

I went for a ride again today. Still the same thing. I added 1 washer to the OD as Scott recomended. From the start it spins a bit, pulls 10,500 and boggs down a bit, then back to 10,500 then to 11,000, but I'm hitting 11,000-11,100 before I even hit 75+mph. From a roll @60, it goes straight to 11,000-11,100 instantly. Over reving to much . Conditions were alot harder today. It drizzled yesterday, then froze up, but it was 0 degrees Cel, when I went out today, so it was a little loose, but overall pretty good. I would have thought it would have pulled the RPM's down with it being harder and it did not.

Setup is this still Stainless Bolt in the Heel, 1 small set screw in the center (1.5g), 1 small set screw in the tip (1.5G) and 1 bolt + 1washer in the OD with o-p-o primary spring and stock sec @3-3.

I'm over reving way to early... @75mph I',m at 11,000-11,100 most of the time.

I hit 107mph on the GPS on a 1 mile stretch running 23/40 gearing...

Andy

Back