• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Dragy Advice

Upstater57

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2022 Tcat EPS,
2014 ZR9000 (sold)
1978,1979,1980 SRX (sold)
I am thinking of using this device next winter for clutch tuning. I am looking for some info from some users:

# 1 - How does like the cold and snow? Any issues with cold and snowy days?
# 2 - Where/how have you mounted it? The magnetic strip that I see used online in a car does not look useful a sled. Looks like it needs to be laying flat? Velcro?

Appreciate any feedback.

Thank you!

I used mine last winter tuning my nytro not my winder. I made 36 660ft runs in -2c temps. No issues with battery life. I ran it in my pocket with no issues.

No issues using it in Northern Ontario for the past 2 winters. Works well in the cold. Your more likely to have your phone crap out due to cold than the dragy. I mount mine beside the goggle bag/vent area.

I am thinking of using this device next winter for clutch tuning. I am looking for some info from some users:

# 1 - How does like the cold and snow? Any issues with cold and snowy days?
# 2 - Where/how have you mounted it? The magnetic strip that I see used online in a car does not look useful a sled. Looks like it needs to be laying flat? Velcro?

Appreciate any feedback.

Thank you!
Not trying to sound like a Debbie downer...but I'm not 100% convinced on tuning with draggy. There's just too many variables on any given day.
It's been stated by others and I tend to agree with this, find a riding partner that you can test against. I know.... that's the difficult part.

Draggy doesn't lie, is very humbling. Gives you all the info you need and is avabile all the time. There are as many variables when tuning with another sled, to find a sled that is running exactly the same all the time as you is almost impossible, let alone be avabile when you want to test. Did he jump? did i jump? same traction? list goes on. Pick your poison.

Draggy doesn't lie, is very humbling. Gives you all the info you need and is avabile all the time. There are as many variables when tuning with another sled, to find a sled that is running exactly the same all the time as you is almost impossible, let alone be avabile when you want to test. Did he jump? did i jump? same traction? list goes on. Pick your poison.
I understand what your saying...but we didn't use them 20yrs ago. You just dug a 50' trench. Now you have to figure out how to make it 15' lol

Thank you all for the advice. The Draggy looks to be a whole lot easier to use than setting up the timers like we did for years. LOL

FYI - early last winter I set up a test track on a long hayfield using my Dragy. Set up 60', 330', 1000', 1250". Then, just to find out how close those distances were to measured distance, I used a tape measure to check them out. 60' was within 3', 330' was within about 4-5', 1000 was about 6', and 1250' was within about 6'. So I'd say they're pretty accurate, especially for testing purposes.

If you zoom in an look to left of gauge you can see the stick on plate. I stick it right on that and go. The accuracy is close. And running a tuned sidewinder it’s much better than a buddy saying. I think you’re 10sled lengths in front vs I think you’re 12 sleds in front now! You can see effects of suspension changes and clutching a aswell as line you pick. Take 3-4 runs for a baseline then change, 3-4 more make a change and so on
IMG_6867.jpeg

I used the heavy duty click lock velcro and mounted it to the top of the brake reservoir.

If you zoom in an look to left of gauge you can see the stick on plate. I stick it right on that and go. The accuracy is close. And running a tuned sidewinder it’s much better than a buddy saying. I think you’re 10sled lengths in front vs I think you’re 12 sleds in front now! You can see effects of suspension changes and clutching a aswell as line you pick. Take 3-4 runs for a baseline then change, 3-4 more make a change and so on
View attachment 173572
Thanks for the pic. Love my NS1 on my 2014 ZR9. Have not put one on my 998. Using the stock gauge with the garmin. I would think between the Draggy and the recording feature on the NS1 you have everything needed to get great data. The combination of the two probably as good as it gets for live data when testing.

I put draggy in my jacket pocket, zero issue, keeps it warm and less of a chance of me losing it.

Back