• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Vector or Rage comparisons.

Another Phase said:
ReX, It sound like you are in the same position we were in a few years ago. My wife rode a '99 Venture 600 triple and really disliked it's handling quirks. The setups you mentioned are exactly what I did with hers, but could never get it to stop darting. It also pushed like crazy in the corners without enough ski pressure. Add more pressure, it darted worse. Solution - For Sale.

She was in heaven on the Viper, with it's slot car like handling, but it does lack good rear suspension. Hence our dilema. She doesn't want to go backwards in the handling department in order to gain rear suspension compliance.

I have found an 05 Vector ER (pro-active torsion spring rear), and an 05 Rage (old style pro action coil over spring rear). Which would you go with.

By the way ReX, what's going on with your Sens this season?

My wife really doesn't mind the handling of the Venture. It's extremely stable on the straights with almost no darting and she finds it neutral in the corners without being too tippy. She just finds the steering still too heavy and since she tried my RX-1 (many times) finds the ride too rough. The other thing she doesn't like is the smoke and smell. I don't know which track was on your '99, but the 1" predator greatly improved the stability on hers. It's also running Bergstrom ski savers, shims, and Bergstrom carbides.

If I was you, I'ld probably go for the Vector. If we make a change, we'll probably also go for a Vector - but we might just leave things like they are.

There are a couple of things she really likes about the Venture (we were just talking about it again). One is the ability for us to ride together. She enjoys being a passenger as much as driving. When we ride with my buddies we can actually keep up with both of us on it and she doesn't feel like she's slowing us down. Another thing she really likes is the ability to ride through deep snow and stop and start without worrying about getting stuck (not once has she ever got the Venture stuck).

I have to admit I'm not a serious hocky fan (I usually only make it 1 or 2 games per season). They're not doing to well right now...

After looking at numerous sleds and considering all of the pros and cons, we decided on a 05 Vector ER. The machine is immaculate, low miles, studded (centre belt only) and very clean. It has been very well cared for.

All updates have been done, fresh oil change, greased and ready to go. I will pull the clutches to check and clean them, and give the whole sled a once over. We can play with the suspension once the snow arrives.

My wife is quite happy with her new ride and can't wait to try it on the snow. Thanks again for everyones opinions and feedback. I'm sure we will have more questions once we dig into this one a bit.

Rage is the best choice I rode with an aggressive rider who was on a rev 600 HO James Bond model and he couldn't hang with me without going off the trail in some of the twisties 121 is MUCH MUCH rougher and fish tails more! GET THE RAGE HANDS down the best choice!! :Rockon:

I have an '05 ER i'm selling. It's my wifes sled, and she doesn't care to ride anymore. Now that the viper is gone, i'm either going to sell the vector and pick up an rtx, or just ride it this year. i do love the sled, but lacks the top end pull. absolutely awesome in the trails though. It's studded w/ 144 up the center, skid plate, cover, all updates lubed and oil changed twice. 900 miles. taking offers!

Back