• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Dreaded SUSPENSION!!!

srxtim26076 said:
I also tightened the front spring considerably, although i tightened up the front strap by 2 holes and rear by 1 hole. Tightening up the front made a hugh difference in my sled. Previously the rear seemed to kick up "donkey kick" and going over studder bumps was exhausting. Previously to this i kept the front spring very loose as everybody kept saying but could never get it to ride smooth. i just installed pilot skis for easier steering but havent tried them yet

You will like the Pilot ski's on that sled. I went with 6 inch shapers in the center and the stock 4 inch carbides on the outside. The ski change alone will make that sled more predictable in the handling department and also make it steer much easier. I'm a big fan of the Pilot ski's ever since I put them on My Apex. My Apex went from a darty hard steering sled to a dart free light steering sled with nothing more than the ski change.

i completely eliminated the darting on the standard yamaha skis with the dual carbides. They unfortunately made the sled very difficult to steer. I currently put on 6 inch in the center and outside. I hope the pilots dont have the darting problem,

Just got back from Upper Michigan and the Nytro's settings I have it set on right now are where they are going to stay. Let another fellow Nytro ride mine and he said it works very well. The other riders in our group could not believe how the skis stayed flat on the trail and having great control. 500 miles in 2 1/2 days. Absolutely no darting!

This setup is the last one I have listed.

tried out sled yesterday with new pilot skis. These are a hugh improvement. the steering is so much easier and there is no darting that I could detect. There is a little bit of push in the corners but its predictible.

I was about to sell my sled last season. I completely hated it. BUT, after getting my shocks revalved by Frank at Shock Tec, installing 5.7 pillot skis, upper balljoint mod and Ulmer's coupling blocks, I swear to you this thing is the best sled I have ever owned. I know exactly how you feel right now because I was there. I'm telling you it is completely night and day. I've been out three times so far this season and I went from back of the pack to having to wait for the guys at every stop. It handles amazing. The only thing I want to do is put a 7.5" shaper bar to replace the 4" in the center of the ski. I am one happy sledder now.

Definitely check the toe out on the skis. If they are toed in, watch out! While you're doing so, take a look at the spindles, hopefully they are not in a vertical position, else there might be a subframe issue.

Are the shocks centered between the A arms? This could indicate subframe damage. Is one ski further ahead than the other?

Check bushings for the A arms and tie rods for play, too much is no good.

Back