• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Driver Teeth Question vs. Track Howl

Nice, I'll give this a go and see what happens. I'm only going to do one hole in the middle mainly to get rid of the little front to back cut.

Ported a few through the years. The best was with an actual track porting hit that some company sold. That was easy. Next best was with spade bit. Never tried it with a hole saw.

The porting is being shoveled off lol. I just bought a freeride track for an outstanding price from an outfit in Prescott Ontario called Knapp's Yamaha.

Curious has anyone tried one of the Ice Attack tracks with the car like studs in the tips of the lugs??

i had an ice ripper on a rx war. it was better than the stock track but not as good as regular studs.

I'm not a fan of studs personally. They have their place but I just hate the damage they do to everything. This is coming from virtually no experience with them too lol.

A little update on the track howl. So I broke and bought a new track. I didn't want to bother removing studs... I'm wishing I did after changing the track though only because of how long it took. I spent about a week on it but it's done. What an improvement though. A new Camoplast Cross Country track made a very nice reduction in resonant sound. But I didn't stop there. Those tubes used for footholds are little sound blasters. I had a chance to get onto the machining equipment at work and turned up some stainless rod as well as a set of tube caps. Just those alone completely shut down all blasted sound through them. I was rather surprised by just how much those tubes were actually belting out. I have yet to go for a ride with them in but that will happen on Tuesday. I'll be going for my last ride on a sled up in Bancroft. That will be the end of my sledding experience. Due to work collapsing internally, I have to sell it. I don't plan to return to sleds after this either. Too much time and expense tied to it for my affordability. I'll update on the audible difference when I get home Tuesday night and post photos then too.

that sucks dude. glad you got the howl under control more.

It is more controlled but not enough for me. With everything I've done it still is far too excessive for my ears. My buddy tried it and thinks it's fine so it's obviously me at this point, my hearing is to sensitive and important to me to keep what I can't cure. We did a good 166 kms yesterday, that was the longest day of my life lol. It's parked now and permanently, it's also up for sale if you know anyone interested.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?adId=1488337431

Back