• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Dupont hyfax

RtxViper

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2019 SRX LE
Was just at my dealer to get hyfax. I ordered the dupont ones over a month ago. Asked if they were in and he said no. So I asked when the date is they are supposed to be getting them He says yamahas date is 4/13 WTF? Yamaha should have waited to release them next year if this was the case only a few people were going to get them. Just thought I would share. Had to get the hpm ones Hope these last longer than 815 miles

Called my dealer today as I ordered them a month ago and was told they would be in by 1/12/12. He called Yamaha today and was told there is a waiting list for them and they are only able to ship a couple hundred every week. Now I'm being promised them next week, but not holding my breath. He was also told though that delivery was expected in April too. WTF they really dropped the ball on this one. I can't believe they can't manufacture these in bigger quantities and get them out during the season. What good is April delivery gonna do anybody? Supposedly My dealer is #8 on the next shipment.

I was the first one to order at my dealer & someone else got the first set. Looks like we gonna have a talk 'cause i'm going to SNODEO @ Rangeley Lake Maine next weekend. It's not what you know, but who you b#@$...

THANK YOU!!! Just ordered a set. Went to my local dealer and asked for them, BACKORDER! Said, OK, gimme a set of hiperf graphite for an Apexx XTX 144. Get 'em home and check the label..... there for a 141!!!! That's a MMax that they haven't made since 02!!! Well, they're on there !! :o| :o| :o|

After ordering in November my dealer still hadn't come through. I called around yesterday and found a dealer with the one and only pair that they received - 3 weeks ago! No one else wanted them, so I picked them up and will be installing them tomorrow. They told me each dealer got one pair and more will be available in April (sounds familiar). My dealer says they have not received any.
Heading to the UP next week - we'll see how they hold up.

FedEx just dropped mine off!! Projected delivery wasn't for another week. I'll report as soon as we get some..... miles (SNOW) on them.

Are these hyfax supposed to be the answer we have all be waiting for. What is the story behind this. Its about time Yamaha does something about this. Polaris uses a white Hyfax they seem to last. Are these DuPont ones white also I wonder. Ive always been thinking my Apex is just so dame heavy and wears them out fast. They sure don't last long. Its always in the back of my mind worrying about them. It seems like the first 60 miles they burn down low and then stay there but how long do you wait. Hopefully a fix.

They are not easy to find - got mine yesterday via referral from this site. Apparently yamaha didnt expect the level of demand that existed (consistent with their head in the sand regarding the problem) then they had a problem with manufacturing the second batch. From what I've heard don't expect a lot more supply until next year. The slides are black in colour and you can see the special dupont material embedded in the hyrax. Will post my experience in due course.

Back