• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

DuPont sliders

dutchie

Pro
Anyone have them DuPont sliders on the 162 track , I need a set and don"t want to put stock ones on , any other that are tougher or last longer ,

I can"t seem to find who sells them DuPont for 162 track

they only go up to 144 for the duponts

I run hyperfax on my sled and they work great.

tmk50 said:
they only go up to 144 for the duponts

I run hyperfax on my sled and they work great.

X2 on the hyperfax
My current set has been on 2 two different skids and is it's 3rd season. I run no boggy wheels, just scratchers and they still look like new. The stuff wears like iron! ;)!

Bill

ruffryder said:
How does your track look? Do you do a lot of Baker gravel riding?

Ruff, track and clips look good. I do have to do some gravel riding at times. Like most guys I try to keep it to a minimum though, but you know how that goes :o|
Even with the road side parking/gravel riding, the hyperfax are holding up well.

Bill

well i checked around at 2 yamaha shops today , what a waste of my time ,

found out that for sure , the dupont ones not on the market yet for the 162 track , so now i'm going to try to get next best set , these so called hyperfax

the yamaha dealers around here don't have anything like them in stock , where abouts are you guys getting them and whats the cost on them compared to stock , they want $36 bucks for the stock black ones ,

one guy at a dealer told me today they use white ones , said they wear and last better as no dye in them , i thought he was spreading some bull with that statement

I have hyperfax slides on my xtx this year they look great still with 1100+ miles this year, track clips look new still, last year went thru 3 sets of the yamaha stock slides (one set in 280 miles). Im confident they will last a few years so Im happy with the expensive slides purchace.

the white slides are supposed to hold up better but I have never seen any proof from that statement other than what people have told me...

anyone know of a yamaha dealer in canada that has a set or any dealer for that matter , someone i could call , have one thats worn out and going to play again this monday for a few more days , need to find them fast

, it will save me on the shipping cost instead of getting them from the U.S ,

thanks , i just got ahold of them and they have me a set on the way today by bus ,

i sure hope they are as good as i'v read about as they are costly , $229 for a set , they say the stock ones melt at 300 degrees and these hiperfax melt at 700 degrees ,

wonder if they could cause damage to your drivers , my right side slide is the only one that is wearing fast , when it melts it leaves pieces melted to my right side driver ,

it even is causing my right side driver to wear and melt some ,

pisses me off to no end , have 2 nytro's mtx in the garage and my buddys sled has way more miles and his slides and drivers look like brand new , same set from new , he don't even have scratchers on his nytro , but one thing his has that i don't is a set of wheels on the rails midway outside , i'm starting to think they make a differance , we run the same trails and hills

yet my left slide is good and hardly wore at all , ??? , i'm just lost on this

dutchie

You may want to check your track alignment/tension. If one adjuster is tighter then the other, it can cause the track to ride off-center in the skid and wear one hyfax faster the the other.
Normally what I do is hang the back end of the sled up or support it on a track stand. Then start the engine, slowly spin the track about 10-15 mph and let it coast to a stop.
Next check the tension with a fish scale and tape measure. Adjust the track tension to specs using both adjusters. Once the tension is close, fire it back up and spin the track again.
Next measure the distance between the rails and track drive knubs. If the distance is greater on one side, either back off or tighten one adjuster slightly and spin the track again.
You may have to go back and forth a couple of times to get it to ride in the center. Once track is centered tighten down the axle bolts and re-spin the track again to make sure the adjustment didn't change when you tightened the rear axle/idler wheels.

Bill

thanks bill
i don't have a fish scale or a weight ,

about what is the distance with the sled off the floor and the track just hanging , or do you just tighten it up till track is just starting to touch the bottom of the rails

Back