• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

DuPont sliders

dutchie said:
thanks bill
i don't have a fish scale or a weight ,

about what is the distance with the sled off the floor and the track just hanging , or do you just tighten it up till track is just starting to touch the bottom of the rails

I've used the "two finger/two finger" method before. Push down on the track with two fingers, then you should be able to slide two fingers in between the track and hyfax.
It's not real scientific, but it's close depending on how much strength you have in your fingers of course!

Bamboo
When you say loose , how loose , do you have only rear wheels or the boggies also

Would you by chance be close to your sled that you could lift rear end , and tell me how much hangs down for distance , will give me a starting point

Also on these new hiperfax , do you have to slowly break them in , stop and kick snow on them , or are they just install and go like heck ,

How is everyone breaking them in , at 700 degrees I would think that it"s just go go and not have to worry

I've actually had worse luck with the white slides than I have with black.

dutchie, mine sags about 2" from center of track to bottom of hyfax.

very interesting , mine just hanging down freely is about 1 inch from bottom of hyfax , when i do the 2 fingers hard push down then i'm at 2 3/4 inches

i'm thinking i have it to loose , only 2 treads showing at the adjusters also , hard to tell if it's off center , must be a little trick you guys do to get it squared up running true

I don't think it's too loose at all. Mine sags 2" freely. As far as checking to make sure your adjusted on both sides, I just measure each adjuster to make sure they are the same.

bill
after doing lots of checking mine over , i have come to see that mine has shifted some to the left , this very well might of been the cause of my right side hyfax to wear , the side is not perfect in the window ,

i think from reading the manual that i will loosen the left side some first , then spin it a few times to see if it squares up , once i have it centered , then i'll see how much it sags , i think i'll push down with the 2 fingers and tighten both sides up to what the book says 1.5 to 1.7 , i think if i get it close and straight , with these new hiperfax slides , then i should be ok ,

and if i so much as see any wear starting on these new slides , then i'll be so chocked that i will go and buy new wheels like my buds sled and add them , i went over his again to see if anything else might be differant between the 2 sleds and he has not got 2 extra wheels like i first thought but 4 ,
2 inside the rails and 2 outside the rails

this is starting to wear on me , go ride hard for 3 days and come home and have to spend my time getting it ready just to go again ,

with the wheels , might be all the reason i need to go get some bling bling wheels from Scott at OFT

I haven't put a tape measure to it but I'd say two fingers is a very good gauge.

IMG_1330.jpg

dutchie,

Yeah, getting it adjusted up and running true should help.
I never did ask if you have ice scratchers?
IMO they are a must have on a mountain sled, with they're long/taller tracks. The type shown on Bamboo's sled in the pic above work well. When placed forward on the rail like in the pic, the ice/snow spray will also hit the MTX heat exchanger helping cool the engine.

An old mountain rider trick to save weight, is to run hyperfax, scratchers and no wheels. The key is to remember to put down the scratchers when on the trails/harder snow ;)!

Bill

yes i have ice scratchers on , i learned the hard way about forgetting to put them up before backing , this is my second set , i'm going to move mine more up front like the picture , and from now on if i'm on any trail at all , they coming down till i see powder

I switched over to the cable style scratchers I ended up leaving the old ones down and with in 5 mins I bent them backwards. One was so bent it broke off. I used the same mounting home. Let me say the cable ones are fantastic. I leave them down all the time and completely forget about them.

IMG_4773.jpg
[/url]

you'v had good luck with them , i'v heard they not good , bounce up and hit the sled

you like em better then the common style , funny what a person hears ,

to me i would think that just by being able to back up when you forget they down and not destroying them would make them way better for that reason alone

dutchie said:
you'v had good luck with them , i'v heard they not good , bounce up and hit the sled

you like em better then the common style , funny what a person hears ,

to me i would think that just by being able to back up when you forget they down and not destroying them would make them way better for that reason alone

Yup I'm sold on the cable scratchers. I did hear all kinds of bad about them. Than I found ones called "Trail Blizzer" by Qualipieces out of Drummondville, Quebec. Ive used some of there other stuff. Very well made. The cable ones they make are great. the heads are replaceable. Great product.

Back