• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

eagle and chamberlain lake ride in maine 04/09/08

justinator

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2023 Arctic Cat Riot 9000
Did a real nice ride today in maine. Went to big eagle and chamberlain lake to visit some old logging trains from the early 1900's. We still got tons of snow up here as you can see in some of the pics. Apex ran well except I lost a rear idler but my fault since I knew the bearings were bad and tried to run em out the rest of the season. Took the middle wheel out and popped it on the outside and was all set to go. Temps were in the 50'sF

Attachments

• DSCF0406.JPG
    DSCF0406.JPG
    117.8 KB · Views: 111
  • DSCF0414.JPG
    DSCF0414.JPG
    118.8 KB · Views: 97
  • DSCF0425.JPG
    DSCF0425.JPG
    107.1 KB · Views: 95
  • DSCF0435.JPG
    DSCF0435.JPG
    121.4 KB · Views: 111
  • DSCF0426.JPG
    DSCF0426.JPG
    110.1 KB · Views: 111

Very nice pictures! I was up in Maine last Wednesday in the Newry/Rumford area and couldn't believe how much snow was still there. I'm sure up north where you were is a whole different world! I'd love to get one last ride in this season, but don't think I'll have the time or $$....I want to get an 06 Attak or 06 Apex...Any ideas/advice on which one I should get?

Davey Boy- Trails area little rough but for a chance to ride with temps in the 50's and 60's its soooo worth it in my book.

Iceman57- We were doing a little boondocking and had to go around a fir tree that blew down in the trail. My friends wife dug a good trench going up the bank, I didnt have too much room to turn and get a good run at it so I basically got jacked up on my running boards. As you can see I didnt have a choice but to follow those tracks without climbing over those big trees....haha its all fun

Insane- Im quite certain all grooming operations have stopped. Theres plenty of snow but I think high fuel prices emptied alot of the clubs funds.

05RX_1- I think if I had to do it again I would of went with an attak, its hard to beat the ride of a long tracked sled plus theres really no loss of performance(better acceleration with the attak actually due to traction) and off trail is better as well. I ordered an xtx for next year.

But thanks for the picture comments. There is truly alot to see up here in this small state. The baxter and mt katahdin area is very scenic and I hope to make a trip down next winter. There is alot to see up here in aroostook county as well and many great places to stay. The sad part is that probaly 80% of the people from this state dont get to see all the cool stuff like these old trains. These things are literally in the middle of no where!! There isnt a paved road or town for miles!! Plus we have awesome trails too. I hope more people get a chance to come explore some of it.

But thanks for the picture comments. There is truly alot to see up here in this small state. The baxter and mt katahdin area is very scenic and I hope to make a trip down next winter. There is alot to see up here in aroostook county as well and many great places to stay. The sad part is that probaly 80% of the people from this state dont get to see all the cool stuff like these old trains. These things are literally in the middle of no where!! There isnt a paved road or town for miles!! Plus we have awesome trails too. I hope more people get a chance to come explore some of it.
_________________Amen to that Brother. In the same day you can ride mtns, lakes, super highway trails, and cover hundreds of miles. Has anyone heard how the snow is around sugar-loaf. I am looking for a place to ride that is close to my area this weekend. (Augusta) Sorry to hi-jack. Next year I'm going to the trains for sure.

easy to find the trains,park at the big area at the southern end of chamberlain lake by the bridge,follow the 1/4 mile trail down to the lake, go left and head to the north eastern tip of the lake,there you will find the old steam engines that drove the cable way and a path thru to the locomotives on the western side of eagle,there are many ways to go but that is the easiest by far ,then you can scout around and find the way in by lock dam over to the end of the pinkham rd where it meets telos rd,you can park there and go thru by little indian pond and indian pond and out thru to lock dam,pretty neat

Back