• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Enclosed trailer question

Mad Dog

I found a used enclosed trailer for sale locally, it is 8' X 16'. Was wondering if anyone has this size and if you can squeeze 3 sleds in this. It seems if you pulled 2 in forward all the way to the front and kick the backs out to the walls, you may be able to pull a third one in backwards. Would sure be nice! Thanks for any insight everyone may have!
:4STroke:
:rocks:

you should be able to get 3 on there. You can also pull the front two on forwards, and back the third one on puting all the tunnels together. I got 5 sleds into a 4 place enclosed 20' plus 4' v trailer I have. Granted, I only plan on doing that once. :)

Three will fit easy. Best way to load them is drive them in from the front to the back. No need to fight with them in reverse. Also makes unloading much easier.

Is it a capped trailer that is 16x8 or is it a V-nose with a 16' box and 4' V? Either will work... the capped trailer you can haul 2 shorties and one 136"... maybe a 144".

In our 16' capped we put the front two sleds on forward like normal and then put the third on forward and then jacked it around so that it sat kinda sideways at an angle. We then used a strap from the front bumper to the rear tie down point to keep the sled from going forward and then put a strap from the rear bumper to a new tie down on the other corner to keep the back from moving around. It's tight but it works.

It is a 8' X 16' enlcosed, just a rectangle, no v-nose, I'm guessing about 7' tall inside. It sounds like it will work. That would be great, no more open trailers!

I did not realize it was a box trailer. A 16' box may not work for three with out the V. The V adds about 4-5' to the trailer length.

3 shorties will work... you just have to be creative.

The kind of creativity you get when you've got 3 hours before you leave for an 8 hour drive, still have to pack, and you find out that all 3 sleds aren't going to fit like you thought... LOL

Just tell him you want to put your sleds in it before you buy it... then you will know for sure.

Back