• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Engine oil leak 2016 XTX LE oil pan

16XTXLE

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2016 XTX LE and 2016 STX 137 DX
Just a heads up, 80 miles on new sled and have oil leak, seems to be right side oil pan. It's a bastard to get in there, had to remove muffler :( but on the trail I got a 1/2 turn on the oil pan bolts ( right side) 4 of them.
I am going to pull cover off bottom tomorrow and clean it up and check the other bolts,Looks to be about an oz.of oil lost, based on what's laying in the bottom.
So check your sleds!!! As I said it is hard to see, you need a flashlight and really have to look after removing the muffler,
Anyone have a torque spec?

mystery solved............. Dealer/Yamaha F***ed up and did not check oil properly based on wrong info from dealer tech, it was over half a quart too full. I never paid attention too it, bought it and started riding.
It was puking oil out the crankcase vent tube into my air box.
Dealer sent tech to my house, we removed air box, cleaned it up and drained excess oil to proper level.
Did 100 miles and no oil :)

Back