• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Error code troubleshooting

equillibrium88

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2007 Phazer GT
I had my 07 Phazer running about 3 months ago. No problems other than the battery was pooched so I fixed that. Now I got to start it and although it turns over it will not start. I get a code 81 on the dash but then I also get the flashing yellow hazard light followed by a flashing oil symbol. I checked the dipstick and the oil level is between high and low which is right where it's supposed to be. I know code 81 is hand warmers for the Nytro but don't know what that code in conjunction with the oil alarm mean. Please Help.

Thanks

same thing for the phazer. might be time to clean/remove the ground blocks in the wiring harness. the one that has been fixed on my 09 is on the right side by the head in the harness.

same thing for the phazer. might be time to clean/remove the ground blocks in the wiring harness. the one that has been fixed on my 09 is on the right side by the head in the harness.

The heated grip fault I can live with. I intend to fix it soon but the flashing oil light is the bigger concern. It's been a couple seasons since my last oil change since I didn't ride last year at all and the year prior I only put on maybe 300 km. Changing the oil is something that relatively easy just a pain in my arse but how do I know if it's a sensor, oil pump, oil filter, some other related oiling component. Checking the oil with the stick sitting on the threads shows optimum levels and the sled had been running so I don't know if it's the old oil or old filter or if its something more major and more expensive like the pump or ECU. Thanks for the reply though, the responses I get here will go a long way in helping a wrench newb like me troubleshoot.

If the oil light is coming on, there should be another error code number showing I would think. The only codes that prevent it from starting should be 11, 12 and 30.
30 is no oil pressure detected.

those ground blocks are sneaky and cause other issues as they are the grounds for the sensors as well.

There are no other codes other than code 81 on the display. I snooped around a little bit and saw a little bit of oil sitting in the backside of the oil level plug so I would start there. Plus I understand that the float gauge inside the oil tank are prone to failure. This is especially interesting since before I started the sled and this whole fiasco began, I checked my oil level as an FYI and for engine safety and all was well. I am well aware of disconnecting the sensor and leaving the dipstick on the threads not screwed in, when I think of how much #*$&@ kicking the front of sled has taken it would be a fair assumption that that could be it. In my experience all the failures I have experienced with this sled have been from something stupid.

Thanks to the users who suggested the codes that prevent starting but I assure you that the gauge pod is showing none of these codes. Just the blinking hazard light and oil symbol.

I also want to thank everyone who has helped me over the 10ish years I have been on here. This place has been an indispensable source of information. I am selling my Phazer and switching brands but it was a wild ride and even though I outgrew my Phazer in both size and skill it was still one of the best sleds I have even owned.

To my knowledge, there is no error code for a faulty oil level guage. Even if it is left unplugged, no error shows. When that circuit is closed, it means low oil.
It should have something to do with oil pressure sensor, or maybe there is a problem with your oil pressure.

Back