• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

excessive oil from breather

deerlodge

Pro
Website
www.deerlodgeresort.com
I have a 05 rx1 with simmons turbo kit. The other day it started shooting ALOT of oil out of the crankcase breather. The sled still runs good with alot of power but its not driveable with all the oil comeing out. I lost 1/2 a quart in a mile. And no I didnt do a compression test yet, I was going to but my tester has the wrong fitting for the rx1.

Rich

Something is wrong with the motor. You are pressurizing the crankcase which is forcing the oil out of the breather.

Perform a cylinder leak down, too. You probably detonated the top ring land on one or more of the pistons...

oooops sorry about your mishap :-(

I was running around 10lbs with stock motor, I didnt hold the throttle for too long but I guess it was. I had 91 octane in it at the time.

Looks like its time for a rebuild, Im debating on doing it myself or just having someone else do it.

deerlodge said:
I was running around 10lbs with stock motor, I didnt hold the throttle for too long but I guess it was. I had 91 octane in it at the time.

Looks like its time for a rebuild, Im debating on doing it myself or just having someone else do it.

10 lbs on a stock motor with 91 octane is a no-no. You're not too far from us, if you want to bring it up here we can get you up and running again pretty quick.

lakercr said:
deerlodge said:

10 lbs on a stock motor with 91 octane is a no-no. You're not too far from us, if you want to bring it up here we can get you up and running again pretty quick.

I might have to do that, but it will probably be early summer before I do that.

Back