• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Exhaust broken??

kirkswim

VIP Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Yamaha RXWarrior
So was out riding today head and exhaust leak. So as I changed the donuts last year my mouth started to leak some nastiness. Then it got louder but it seemed to be comming from the middle of the track and not up by the motor. So okay must be the gaskets between the y pipes and the muffler section. So I get home and rip into it. And i find that nope my gaskets are good the muffler broke at the cross pipe( where it looks like an x) welds broke right off. Funny thing is here in canada stock exhaust is cheaper than an aftermarket. Photo to be added when I can upload them.

Ive had mine crack there too, its stainless and it can be welded. I TIG welded mine back up and never broke it again.

I do have a low mile 03 RX1 muffler thats very nice shape if you decide you dont want to get it welded.

i have a rx warrior muffler low miles for sale

I sent mine out to get welded and put the spare mbrp on.(poor fitting thing that it is) Thankyou for the offers though.

no problem

Its really not "funny" Yamaha's are always being propped up to being bullet proof by the magazines and such but it is fact that Yamaha does not know how to weld correctly. Suspension arms break constantly.. exhausts crack constantly.. Why do I never see many people bitching at Yamaha about this?

When my W arm broke on my 05 RX (with only 2300 trail miles) my local Yamaha dealer would not even give me a deal on the part! I didnt want it installed.. or given to me.. just at cost. They basically told me I was out of luck. So I ripped it apart and welded and braced it myself. I have not had another issue but it pisses me off to no end. Yamaha needs to learn that when they wana save 3 pounds on a sled it should not be done by using thiner metal then required in places that are going to break... like all these X areas in the exhaust.. or the W arms..

Back